• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New and Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe no one has brought up the most obvious problem yet. A BOS will not do the seller any good if the gun is later used by a confederate flag to commit a crime at a gay marriage ceremony.

Oh and welcome to the trader.

thanks for the info.. can't help but ask, and maybe this is a really stupid question. if so - i am sorry. but i a missing something. so i sell my gun. guy flashed a GWL and said he is a church going law abiding citizen who volunteers on the weekends. next day he kills someone. i have zero proof of the sale? the gun is still "registered" to me from when i bought it. doesn't sound like a good situation to be in?

Even it was registered to you and even if you did get a BOS from the guy you sold it to why would you assume that he isn't going to sell it to a third person, or fourth, or fifth... If your that concerned either A) only deal in guns bought "off the books" so your name isn't on any legal documents (Lets not forget a BOS is a paper trail too.According to your own logic a paper trail is only as good as the last name on the list) or B) Take it to an FFL

I simply threw my phone in a fit of rage.

Wait, I was s'post to let everyone know every time i did that? Man I'm way behind in handing out negs

would some people be more open to an FFL as opposed to a BOS? is that a better route to take, if i want some kind of 'proof' of the sale? thanks!

Maybe, if you pay the fee... hey I'm 100% legal and intend to stay that way. If you want to take it to a FFL and let me flash my GWL to the dealer I really dont care but don't be expecting me to foot the bill for your peace of mind.

All that being said, Welcome to the Trader and GLWS ...anyone know the previous record for number of post before calling someone a prick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom