New and Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

btk

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hi all. New to the site... Would like to sell my first gun. Confused on one topic. Seems like it's an issue to ask for a bill of sale??? I get that our personal info is sensitive, but at the same time I don't understand how someone would sell a gun to a random stranger without some sort of proof (sold the gun to Bob, this serial #, on this date). Clearly I am missing something - any input is appreciated. Thanks!

lol, now that's a big can of worms.
Let me see if I can make this short.
In this state all you need to know is that the person you're selling it to is also a Ga resident.
Oh and I think they have to be over 21 years of age.
No more than that is required for it to be a legal transaction.

You do not need to know their name, where they live, what their phone number is or absolutely anything else about them.

Did I get that right fella's? If not, help out.

lol, now that's a big can of worms.
Let me see if I can make this short.
In this state all you need to know is that the person you're selling it to is also a Ga resident.
Oh and I think they have to be over 21 years of age.
No more than that is required for it to be a legal transaction.

You do not need to know their name, where they live, what their phone number is or absolutely anything else about them.

Did I get that right fella's? If not, help out.

close

they have to be a GA resident, 18 or older, and legally allowed to own a firearm

a lot of guys like a flash of a GWL to know that all 3 requirements are met, or at least a driver's license to know that 2 of 3 are good

welcome to the odt...now go sell your gun ;)

Last edited:
thanks for the info.. can't help but ask, and maybe this is a really stupid question. if so - i am sorry. but i a missing something. so i sell my gun. guy flashed a GWL and said he is a church going law abiding citizen who volunteers on the weekends. next day he kills someone. i have zero proof of the sale? the gun is still "registered" to me from when i bought it. doesn't sound like a good situation to be in?

You can certainly require a BOS, but you won't get near the amount of interest as you would not requiring a BOS. Giving out that kind of info makes it really easy for someone to steal your identity and run wild with it! Welcome

thanks for the info.. can't help but ask, and maybe this is a really stupid question. if so - i am sorry. but i a missing something. so i sell my gun. guy flashed a GWL and said he is a church going law abiding citizen who volunteers on the weekends. next day he kills someone. i have zero proof of the sale? the gun is still "registered" to me from when i bought it. doesn't sound like a good situation to be in?

In this example the guy was not convicted of a felony at time of Sale or you had no knowledge so sale is not an issue. He will be behind bars after crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom