• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New and Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have anything to hide but that being said, I have no desire for the government to know my business (any more than they already do), therefore, I tend to purchase firearms from individuals instead of purchasing it from a dealer where registration is required.

I don't believe that it is the intention of most people to buy a firearm that can't be traced to them just so they can break the law and blame it on the previous owner, the point is that it isn't anyones business what I own...including the person that sells it to me...no bill of sale for me!

Just my two cents...

thanks for some perspective as to why..

How about this, you sell a gun to this person (the person that you are worried is a murderer) and he uses the address from the bill of sale to come to YOUR house and rob/murder you and or your family. He now knows where YOU live. He nows you own guns. If you sell him a nice gun, he then might think you have money. If you don't legally have to give out personal info, then why would you?

How about this, you sell a gun to this person (the person that you are worried is a murderer) and he uses the address from the bill of sale to come to YOUR house and rob/murder you and or your family. He now knows where YOU live. He nows you own guns. If you sell him a nice gun, he then might think you have money. If you don't legally have to give out personal info, then why would you?

i didnt know that you didnt legally need proof that you sold the gun. i would have assumed that you needed more explanation if cops came to question you. if that is the case, then i can understand the other side to the argument.

flip side to your point though.. if he knows you own guns, why would he come to murder you. you have guns.. clearly. that's the last house i would be going to.. lol...

im a troll b/c i said i was new, and could be asking a stupid question, and just wanted some input. yeah, that's a troll. sounds like you're a bit sensitive. i guess you believe in the 2nd but not the 1st eh?

Lol, I love the first. It is your right to the first that is providing me with entertainment right this second. I did not resort to name calling when I exercised my 1st as you did...
Do you know why children resort to name calling? It is because they are sensitive to uncomfortable situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom