• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New and Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
they won't ask for proof because it's not required. When the atf showed up at my house looking for a gun I sold, the scenario you described is pretty much exactly how it went. Though they wouldn't tell me if anyone was killed or if it was used in a crime. Just that "it had turned up in..."
interesting.. as i said, i felt like i was missing something. would not have assumed that just saying i sold it was enough proof to no longer be of interest to the cops. thanks for sharing what happened to you.

The guys are just trying to help you, however if you want to require that information do what you wish, however do not get upset when it stays in your listing and no interest is shown.

good luck and try it your way and try to prove us wrong...
not trying to prove anyone wrong. just trying to ask and understand. like i said, i am new, and just didn't get the concept.

interesting.. as i said, i felt like i was missing something. would not have assumed that just saying i sold it was enough proof to no longer be of interest to the cops. thanks for sharing what happened to you.
I told him that I sold it, that the guy had a carry permit and GA plates on his truck so I didn't question it. I couldn't even remember the guy's name, it was probably 6 months ago at that point. He said "ok, it sounds like you did what you were supposed to do. We'll call you if we need anything else" and I never heard from him again.

Reactions: btk
The guys are just trying to help you, however if you want to require that information do what you wish, however do not get upset when it stays in your listing and no interest is shown.

good luck and try it your way and try to prove us wrong...
I'm guessing some of our preferences might change if we had more "realistically" priced Glocks in the classifieds. I would have no problem with giving my GA DL# and name to get a G19 in LNIB condition with 4 mags for $400 :smiley_simmons:

OK, here's one for you.

You get a BOS with name address that matches the buyer's drivers license.

You show it to cops as proof you sold the gun the day before (your scenario).

They run down the name/address and it's all made up! No such name or address exists! The cops think YOU are trying to mislead them!

You go to jail for murder for the rest of YOUR life because you were duped by the buyer's fake DL!

Just take it to a FFL and have it done if it makes you sleep better at night.

Oh, and who is this REALLY?

I don't have anything to hide but that being said, I have no desire for the government to know my business (any more than they already do), therefore, I tend to purchase firearms from individuals instead of purchasing it from a dealer where registration is required.

I don't believe that it is the intention of most people to buy a firearm that can't be traced to them just so they can break the law and blame it on the previous owner, the point is that it isn't anyones business what I own...including the person that sells it to me...no bill of sale for me!

Just my two cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom