• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negligent discharges.... fault of gun or the person using it?

Here is the root of the damn problem:

"The switch was prompted, in part, by the threat of a lawsuit by women who had failed the Sheriff's Academy, the Times said."
you mean putting folks whom are under qualified in a job can cause mistakes and accidents, whom would have guessed that could happen

however a police officer is trusted with a gun more then a regular "untrained" civilian by many folks

Now you give them a gun to carry on their side every day, then change it to a completely different platform from what you originally trained them on, . . . . this is actually not very surprising at all unfortunately.
Gun safety is the same for every gun... at least, if you're doing gun safety right.

It comes down to poor training. Everybody wants to blame the gun because no one wants to admit that the men we pay to protect us don't have adequate enough training to protect them from themselves.

Gun safety is the same for every gun... at least, if you're doing gun safety right.

It comes down to poor training. Everybody wants to blame the gun because no one wants to admit that the men we pay to protect us don't have adequate enough training to protect them from themselves.

Piss-poor planning on their part doesn't constitute an emergency of our part.....

When I pull the trigger of a loaded gun and it goes "bang" I don't consider that a defect or problem.

It's when I pull the trigger of a loaded gun and it goes "click" that I get pissed and want to contact the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom