• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Negligent discharges.... fault of gun or the person using it?

If a person is required to carry a weapon every day (or like myself, chooses to do so...) why in the world would they not want to be proficient in the handling and discharge of their weapon? I realize that the local LEO has training that they are required to go through but I would expect that to be the absolute bare minimum - the officer/user should take it on themselves to become familiar with their weapon and proficient at using it.

On down further in the article it said - "People with small hands often have trouble flipping up the Beretta's safety as they prepare to fire. The first shot requires 12 to 15 pounds of pressure on the trigger, forcing some to use two fingers and reducing shooting accuracy for many. Subsequent shots take about 4 pounds of pressure.". If there are officers on the force that don't have the dexterity/hand strength to negotiate a DA trigger pull with one finger while maintaining accuracy, they need some serious training and a better cull process! If you can't do it in practice, you sure can't do it when it counts!!!

sounds like they need training on how to walk straight and pull out a handgun from holster

"In October, a deputy tripped over a stroller and fired a bullet through the wall of a house in Huntington Park. Last November, a deputy in Lancaster shot himself in the thigh while pulling his gun. In December, a deputy in Compton accidentally pulled the trigger on his gun as he approached a suspected stolen car and a bullet hit the door. Nobody was in the car, however"

"People with small hands often have trouble flipping up the Beretta's safety as they prepare to fire. The first shot requires 12 to 15 pounds of pressure on the trigger, forcing some to use two fingers and reducing shooting accuracy for many. Subsequent shots take about 4 pounds of pressure.

Maybe women and midgets need to not seek employment as the popo

Back
Top Bottom