• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinions and sugg. For home cameras

41mag

Wolf Icon Supporter
Shake, rattle & roll !
121   0
Reaction score
If any of y’all have any info on where to buy, easy to set up, half ass quality at least…..I know quality costs ! So if i can come up with something that isn’t going to break me, that would be great ! Lol

Here is a little background :
2,700 sq ranch on slab. Pretty basic, rectangular, carport on one side, shed in backyard on other. Fenced nack with locked/cabled gates.
I think roughly 4 cameras - expandable of course, I have a desktop that has nothing but b.s. on it…music, pics, ….it could go into that or i have an old laptop to run a dedicated if needed. Whatever it takes.

Anyhow, neighbor across the street noticed my next door neighbor and another individual, leaning up against my gate on shed side of house, toking down, he believes. He has a straight shot look across the street to theat blind side of my house, when he sits on his front porch . He said at first he thought they were kind of making out…it is a long way to see with bare eye if you are old like us. Then he said he went in and got his glasses and an monocular, then came back to continue to do recon. He said it was clear then they were passing a joint . There is a wood privacy fence that divides our lots…but they are just a few feet up, they are half rotten, etc.,
They did not go into my backyard or shed. They just stepped over into my yard it seems to burn.

I just had full knee replacement one week ago today…..I ain’t in much of a position to do anything right away but I want to know about what it is going to run and where to get. Any input is appreciated !! :cool-new:

Are they young kids hiding from Mom and Pops or parents trying to hide from their kids?

You need to go take a few hits. :D
No i dont believe they are. I am “assuming“ they are renters or current owners.
I have attempted to get to know them for a couple years and it never progresses past hello .
Neighbors arent like they used to be.
And oh - I don’t need to go take hits off ‘their‘ weed :rolleyes:

Do they just play into your home computer?
It’s all online and through a cell phone app, Wyze is very affordable and pretty good option but does require power and no battery backup, Arlo while more expensive is also one to look at, battery operated and wireless if running lines is an issue

It’s all online and through a cell phone app, Wyze is very affordable and pretty good option but does require power and no battery backup, Arlo while more expensive is also one to look at, battery operated and wireless if running lines is an issue
Good info… thanks. I am going to look at it.

Do they just play into your home computer?
You can watch real time on phone or tablet. I have Wyze indoor cam wired to my network and an outdoor cam that’s wireless and connected to my wireless network. It’s battery powered and @every 3 months I take it down and recharge it in a few hours. Held onto mount by a strong magnet - very simple as long as it is easily accessed. Also can install an SD card for storage on the camera.

Pros and cons to all security cams - good to read up on all of them to determine which would be best for your application. I also have a Reolink cam in the back and it sends videos to my phone as well as to an internal SD card - it works well and I have it connected to a small solar panel so I don’t have to take it down to recharge it. You could do the same with most other rechargeable cameras as long as you have enough sunlight where it is mounted, especially in the winter months. The other issue is sensitivity range - some cameras will detect movement further out than others.

Back
Top Bottom