• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Testing 5.56 ammo for my 1in7 barrel

How do you like your BCM? I’m looking for a new rifle and I looked at a RECCE-16 MCMR LW today at GFL. They seem a bit expensive @$1600. I’m also looking at a DDM4V7 Pro and a Geissele Superduty but I’m open to others as well.
Mine’s a p&w 14.5 MCMR with the BFH ELW barrel. Been flawless suppressed and unsuppressed for going on 5 years now. I purchased my upper and lower separately, it should save you money that way. They actually have a sale going right now, a free BCG with purchase of an upper.

The DD and Geissele should be solid too though, there’s no wrong choice between the three.

I checked a few of the boxes and didn't see anything like what you have pictured. The crimps on mine were a lot lighter. Just enough to notice that it was crimped.
I received two more boxes over the weekend. These aren’t as bad but still disappointed in quality control.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpeg
    IMG_1124.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 11
And for what it's worth, the IMI is hot garbage. It will do about MOA, but so will range ammo, give or take. YMMV but I've run it through several rifles, 11.5 through 20 inch and it's consistent.

I ran the IMI 77gr, more of the Frontier 75gr and some Black Hills 77gr and to be honest the IMI grouped better than the others. It looks like hot garbage but groups well. I'll have to grab a box of Nosler and try it out. The last time I was testing .308 I had a box of Nosler. One of the rounds jammed in the chamber and wouldn't let the bolt close. When I finally got it out I realized that the round had a kink in it and the bullet wasn't completely pressed into the casing. I haven't bought it since then.

I ran the IMI 77gr, more of the Frontier 75gr and some Black Hills 77gr and to be honest the IMI grouped better than the others. It looks like hot garbage but groups well. I'll have to grab a box of Nosler and try it out. The last time I was testing .308 I had a box of Nosler. One of the rounds jammed in the chamber and wouldn't let the bolt close. When I finally got it out I realized that the round had a kink in it and the bullet wasn't completely pressed into the casing. I haven't bought it since then.
I was going to note that the IMI's appear to be annealed and crimped well compared to the frontiers. TBH, the IMI's looked good to me. I didnt like the frontiers, and the shoulders dont look right (meaning the angle looks off)

Back
Top Bottom