• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for knife sharpener advice...

This is idiot proof. It’s the only thing I can use……

Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener, Compact Travel Hunting Knife Sharpener Tool

IMG_1443.jpeg

Been using it for years. Simple and quick. Even used it to grind new tips on broken knives. Shop around for best price.

I've pulled an engine from a Kawasaki ZX-6, split the case, and replaced first and second gears. And put it all back together without drama.

And for the life of me I can't sharpen a blade.

I use something like this.

Razor's edge every time.

I've used a Spyderco Sharpmaker for about eight years. Works great for me. Only about $89 on Amazon and other places.
https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/204MF/Tri-Angle-Sharpmaker-reg-/77

View attachment 6822325

I have gravitated to The Sharpmaker for the past several years. Easy to use and quick to get a decent edge.

I had one of the earlier generations of the Wicked Edge, and it was fantastic. Only problem was measuring angles (per knife), and adjusting it on a per knife basis, was a somewhat long process. I have no idea about the newer versions.

Sounds like a lot of good info. I use a medium stone and honing oil. Use a 22.5 degree angle on both sides. You need to use that angle on any sharpening devise you use. On each stroke, go the full length of the blade. It doesn't take a lot of time to sharpen a blade

Been using it for years. Simple and quick. Even used it to grind new tips on broken knives. Shop around for best price.
Academy has these in stock now.

Back
Top Bottom