• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Testing 5.56 ammo for my 1in7 barrel

Pathfinder5243

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
23   0
Reaction score
I’ve been doing some research on testing out a few different rounds for my 1in7 barrel. I decided to start on the low end with a box of IMI 5.56 77gr HPBT-“Match” and Frontier 5.56 NATO 75gr BTHP “Match”. The two boxes of 20 rounds arrived today and just at a glance, this IMI ammo is some pretty sub-par ammo if the manufacturing is this way all around. Attached are two photos showing the neck of each round.

Opinions and suggestions are always welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1107.jpeg
    IMG_1107.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 26
I have some IMI coming in today that I will check for the same. What lot # do have?
Black hill is the standard but harder to find and pricey.
PSA has AAC 77gr for .55/ea, from what I have seen the velocity is a little lower but it seemed to hit at or near peak velocity in a 16"

I have some IMI coming in today that I will check for the same. What lot # do have?
Black hill is the standard but harder to find and pricey.
PSA has AAC 77gr for .55/ea, from what I have seen the velocity is a little lower but it seemed to hit at or near peak velocity in a 16"
To be honest I didn’t note the lot number and I only bought the one box. It definitely grouped better than my standard 55gr but I had the best results from the Frontier 75gr. I have some black hills and two more boxes of IMI coming in next week to compare.

Back
Top Bottom