• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice / wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing to add. Being willing to relocate is definitely a plus if you work for a large defense contractor and probably any major corporation. That's how this small town Wisconson boy ended up in wonderful middle Georgia!
that definitely would help, I see suitable jobs listed around the country. Just really hard to leave family, and friends of 20 years for a completely foreign place, but it may have to be done 🤷‍♂️

that definitely would help, I see suitable jobs listed around the country. Just really hard to leave family, and friends of 20 years for a completely foreign place, but it may have to be done 🤷‍♂️

You have your wife and baby on the way. They aren't enough ?

STOP applying for jobs that do not require a Biology degree and you will figure out the rest.

Greetings fellow traders! I'm hoping you all can give me some advice on starting a new career (it's strange that this doesn't seem to be an actual professional service that I could find). I'm a 32yo male, married, child on the way. Like a lot of my peers, I feel I was sucked into the "you have to go to college!" stigma that my parents, grandparents, elders etc. fed me while growing up. I have a bachelor's degree in Biology which I am very thankful for. It certainly is interesting and important knowledge to have, however, I don't feel that it has really propelled me any further in life than if I didn't have it. My current employment is based off of a certification that I earned in 3 days, and it has gotten me far more work than my degree ever has. However, I'm pretty much at a dead end with this job, and to find something else would really only be a lateral move. I know with a degree like this, I really should have gone to graduate school, but it just isn't in the cards for me right now as I need the money for other things. I guess what I really want is some sort of career that will train me and have guaranteed work after I'm finished, with a good salary (52,000 a year would be a great start) and decent benefits. I have a wide array of skills, and I consider myself very teachable and could honestly learn to do just about anything. I know Truck Driver will come to mind first, but I just don't know if I would have the patience for it (sitting in traffic, dealing with other drivers, being away from home for extended amount of time). Other than that, I am open to almost anything. Would any of you fine people be able to point me in the right direction? I appreciate your time!

Kindly,
Sage
Try Georgia Power/ Southern Company

Consider joining the Air Guard for skills of your choice and/or a security clearance.
boy do I wish, I've been medically disqualified from military service because of a motorcycle accident when I was 18 that left me with titanium rods in both arms, both legs, and pelvis. Tried to Join Navy and Air Force. Built like Ivan Drago but can't run for **** due to the rods :(

One more thing to add. Being willing to relocate is definitely a plus if you work for a large defense contractor and probably any major corporation. That's how this small town Wisconson boy ended up in wonderful middle Georgia!
I just realized that I've been gone from Wisconsin so long I forgot how to spell it correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom