• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first try at a Get Home Bag

Yeah me too. I'm gonna research it more. I don't see how it can be so effective. But that small bottle would be a nice item to carry compared to other water equipment.

To each his own, but I'm a little dubious. From what I've read, this stuff has been around for decades. If it is as effective and benign as claimed, you would think the EPA would be all over it. They're not. Also, watch for any fine print containing the typical legalese required for selling anything with health claims not substantiated by the FDA.

http://water.epa.gov/drink/emerprep/emergencydisinfection.cfm

At the very least, this stuff does nothing to remove metals or industrial chemicals.

Sorry, I don't mean to wee-wee in anyone's cheerios, but my red flag goes up when I see anything that claims to do so much (except for baking soda).

To each his own, but I'm a little dubious. From what I've read, this stuff has been around for decades. If it is as effective and benign as claimed, you would think the EPA would be all over it. They're not. Also, watch for any fine print containing the typical legalese required for selling anything with health claims not substantiated by the FDA.

http://water.epa.gov/drink/emerprep/emergencydisinfection.cfm

At the very least, this stuff does nothing to remove metals or industrial chemicals.

Sorry, I don't mean to wee-wee in anyone's cheerios, but my red flag goes up when I see anything that claims to do so much (except for baking soda).

Valid stuff here^

A Visine bottle full of bleach will treat a lot of water

What ratio do you use?

U can filter it with a 2 liter bottle field filter. Cut off the bottom and hold it upside down and stuff 4 or 5 good handfuls of grass in it. Take the black coals from ur fire pit and add a layer about 2" thick (crushed up a little) add a layer of river sand and repeat until its about 2" from the cut bottom. Pour water through it until it comes out clear. The clear water is almost ready. Boil after its been filtered and if it tastes swampy boil it with some charcoal chunks and strain thru a bandana or folded tee shirt

Back
Top Bottom