• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first try at a Get Home Bag

If u can find bamboo u can use a section or 2 with the dividers cut out making it into kind of a cup and the put a 1/4" hole in the bottom and follow the steps above

i pick up a lot of great stuff from you but putting bleach in a visine bottle is a very bad idea. who knows who will tyr it someday somewhere?

Oh, u have to mark the bottle but I see ur point. Maybe a diff kind of bottle would be better, lmao. I never really thought if it like that. I repurpose stuff all the time but I sure give u props on that very good point.
--on the other hand--- it would be a nasty little surprise if some one managed to kill u for ur gear in a bugout situation.

For some odd reason, I am the type of person that would go out of his way to help people. ive always been that way. When I first started playing that video game, I would get my ass killed on a regular basis b/c I would always try to help a stranger trying to survive in the game. Ive bandaged people up, given them food and ammo and helped them find their friends only to have been murdered for my gear. As dumb as it may sound, it kind of has woken me up to the possibility about a SHTF scenario, and how my want to help people would compromise myself and my people. needless to say, in the game ive evolved to stay away from strangers and keeping hidden instead of trying to help other survivors, b/c the good in me still cant run around killing people for their stuff. Its prob dumb to relate video games with real life, and i'm not. but at the same time, having all the preps in the world wont help you if you cant get your mind right in SHTF scenarios.

Ive evolved a bit in my way of thinking kind of like Rick Grimes in the walking dead has. In the beginning, he would always put himself in harms way to help other people, people not even in his survival group. now in this last season, he's figuring out how that is more hurting than beneficial.

If the SHTF just remember this....everything you think you know about people forget it, people will skin you, rape your wife, then raise your kids as slaves in a HEARTBEAT given the situations. Humans all have monsters inside them, some learn to harness them, others take pleasure in letting them roam free. The point im trying to make is when the world is upside down....anyone and everyone who has ever had an evil thought will surface and begin "Enjoying Themselves". Everyone is a threat bro....especially when they are desperate.

- - - Updated - - -

For some odd reason, I am the type of person that would go out of his way to help people. ive always been that way. When I first started playing that video game, I would get my ass killed on a regular basis b/c I would always try to help a stranger trying to survive in the game. Ive bandaged people up, given them food and ammo and helped them find their friends only to have been murdered for my gear. As dumb as it may sound, it kind of has woken me up to the possibility about a SHTF scenario, and how my want to help people would compromise myself and my people. needless to say, in the game ive evolved to stay away from strangers and keeping hidden instead of trying to help other survivors, b/c the good in me still cant run around killing people for their stuff. Its prob dumb to relate video games with real life, and i'm not. but at the same time, having all the preps in the world wont help you if you cant get your mind right in SHTF scenarios.

Ive evolved a bit in my way of thinking kind of like Rick Grimes in the walking dead has. In the beginning, he would always put himself in harms way to help other people, people not even in his survival group. now in this last season, he's figuring out how that is more hurting than beneficial.

If the SHTF just remember this....everything you think you know about people forget it, people will skin you, rape your wife, then raise your kids as slaves in a HEARTBEAT given the situations. Humans all have monsters inside them, some learn to harness them, others take pleasure in letting them roam free. The point im trying to make is when the world is upside down....anyone and everyone who has ever had an evil thought will surface and begin "Enjoying Themselves". Everyone is a threat bro....especially when they are desperate.

I'd add a full set of digital acu bdu's with hat so if it is a "national emergency" you could blend easier on your trek home and not look threatening to neighbors yards you trek across, and hopefully on a preplanned hike with map & compass, as the crow fly's, in my case driving is 12 miles, as the crow fly's only 6, 3 creeks and nothing google earth could show me I couldn't make it thru, proper weaponry and ammo is as important as anything else you need.

This is my first attempt at a GHB to go along with my EDC. I have no intentions of including a spare change of clothes. I read around the web that a good rule of thumb, its gonna take approx 24hrs to travel 10mi in a semi-hostile environment. I currently work 26miles one way from home, so this bag should sustain me for around 3 days (possibly a 2nd person too). I regularly wear either khaki or black pants, black shirts, gray shirts, etc. all neutral colors. this bag goes everywhere with me, along with a cap (edc flashlight has a clip for a ballcap to be used as a headlight) The layout of the bag, is setup for, when in need of use, I can deploy the strap to it, and carry it on my right side. the small front pouch houses 2 speed loaders for my EDC gun, and gives me quick access to a fixed blade knife, and velcro tear-away holding the non-latex gloves. keeps the multi-tool, lock blade and pen handy too.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:

Contents list:

FIRST AID POUCH:

16 LARGE ADHESIVE BANDAGE
4 NON ADHEARNT PAD (2X3)
2 LARGE GAUZE (3X3)
1 MEDIUM GAUZE (2X2)
2 NUCKLE BANDAGE
12 VARIOUS ADHESIVE BANDAGES
1 MEDICAL GRADE SUPER GLUE
1 SINGLE USE SURFACE PREP TUBE
12 ALCOHOL PREP PAD
4 MOIST TOWLETTE
2 ROLLS BANDAGE TAPE
2 PACKETS TRIPE ANTIBIOTIC
2 PACKETS BURN CREAM
1 PACKET LUBRICATING JELLY
4 15ML SALINE SHOOTER
1 EYE WASH CUP
1 COMPACT ROLL, TOILET TISSUE
1 S&W EMERGENCY FLASHLIGHT (100LMNS)
1 LED LENSER COMPACT MINI LIGHT
1 SNAKE BITE KIT (SCALPEL, QUICKCLOT, TURNAKIT, SUCTION)
10 200MG IBUPROFEN
10 500MG ACETAMINOPHEN
1 ALKA-SELTZER COLD
2 ALKA-SELTZER STANDARD
2 HALLS COUGH DROPS
12 25MG DIPHENHYDRAMINE
16 200MG CAFFEINE
2 .6ML IODINE
2 AMONIA INHALANT
4 LATEX FREE GLOVES
1 JOHNSON & JOHNSON FIRST AID CONTAINER

SMALL OUTSIDE POUCH:

1 GERBER MULTI-TOOL
2 HKS SPEED LOADER
10 .38SPL +P

OUTSIDE WEBBING:

1 EMT SCISSORS
1 FIXED BLADE KNIFE (APROX 8FT PARACORD HANDLE)
1 5.11 TACICAL LOCK BLADE KNIFE
1 PEN

MAIN COMPARTMENT:

1 16.9FL OZ BOTTLED WATER
1 DYNAMO QUICK LOCK PIC
1 S&W HAND CUFF KEY
2 CHEMLIGHTS
1 MULTI-TOOL POCKET KNIFE
40 ROUNDS .38SPL +P
1 NOKIA BACKUP PHONE
2 VINYL EMERGENCY PONCHO
2 EMERGENCY BLANKETS
1 REPEL 100 DEET 10HR BUG SPRAY
1 SET COLEMAN WATER PURIFICATION TABLETS
25FT PARACORD W/ EXTRA KEY RING
20 VERIOUS SIZED ZIP TIES
1 MEDIUM CARABINER
1 7x24 MONOCULAR
1 LIQUID FILLED COMPASS
1 PACKAGE WATER PROOF MATCHES
I MINI BIC LIGHTER
2 RAZOR BLADES
8 AAA BATTERIES
1 COMPACT SEWING KIT
1 BAG STRAP

EDC:
1 RUGER LCR .38SPL (5x.38SPL +P)
1 BIANCHI SPEED STRIP, 6x38SPL +P
1 CRKT IGNITIOR T
1 STREAMLIGHT MICROSTREAM
1 ANDROID PHONE
HOUSE/CAR KEYS

TO DO:
HEAT RESISTANT FOOD BARS
PORTABLE SHELTER
DUCT TAPE
BUNGEE CORDS
EXTRA WATER BLADDERS
LOPERAMIDE
NAPROXIN
PEPPER SPRAY
SOLAR USB CHARGER
SOME SORT OF MAP (PAPER WITH ANDROID BACKUP)

Ok guys, that about sums it up. LMK what you think. For the serious career preppers, go easy on the new guy.

-Carlo

Back
Top Bottom