• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first try at a Get Home Bag

Sock liners aren't needed if you buy quality socks. You absolutely cannot beat Smartwool socks. I wear them for everything from marathons to around the house. You can't buy better.

To each their own. I'll be keeping mine. I wear wool daily, year round. For extended walks, cheap liners are detrimental, good ones a benefit.

Something I started working on is creating pre made modules I can throw in my EDC bag that will work based on my location and AO for the day. By having a module system people can be better prepared for any weather/incident/etc that may come their way

Man the last video game I played was on the PS2....Id rather chase tail and drink bourbon than sit at home and play video games with other dudes.

LOL, I drink beer and chase my wife when i'm not playing with guns, my truck, my house or video games. Dayz is a survival game that ur suppose to survive a zombie apocalypse . Fending off zombies is easier than fending off other survivors that want your gear. you gotta eat, drink, bandage ur self if your bleeding, mend broken bones, keep yourself warm if its cold, take anitbiotics if your sick, hunt animals, & process them. cook meat, find water, cars, trucks all while fighting zombies off and other players. finding gear and weapons is tough, why not just kill someone and take theirs instead? LOL

LOL, I drink beer and chase my wife when i'm not playing with guns, my truck, my house or video games. Dayz is a survival game that ur suppose to survive a zombie apocalypse . Fending off zombies is easier than fending off other survivors that want your gear. you gotta eat, drink, bandage ur self if your bleeding, mend broken bones, keep yourself warm if its cold, take anitbiotics if your sick, hunt animals, & process them. cook meat, find water, cars, trucks all while fighting zombies off and other players. finding gear and weapons is tough, why not just kill someone and take theirs instead? LOL

I would imagine a SHTF scenario wouldn't be very different.....minus the zombies ofcourse.

Some people prep just to become a roving gang.....

I would imagine a SHTF scenario wouldn't be very different.....minus the zombies ofcourse. Some people prep just to become a roving gang.....

For some odd reason, I am the type of person that would go out of his way to help people. ive always been that way. When I first started playing that video game, I would get my ass killed on a regular basis b/c I would always try to help a stranger trying to survive in the game. Ive bandaged people up, given them food and ammo and helped them find their friends only to have been murdered for my gear. As dumb as it may sound, it kind of has woken me up to the possibility about a SHTF scenario, and how my want to help people would compromise myself and my people. needless to say, in the game ive evolved to stay away from strangers and keeping hidden instead of trying to help other survivors, b/c the good in me still cant run around killing people for their stuff. Its prob dumb to relate video games with real life, and i'm not. but at the same time, having all the preps in the world wont help you if you cant get your mind right in SHTF scenarios.

Ive evolved a bit in my way of thinking kind of like Rick Grimes in the walking dead has. In the beginning, he would always put himself in harms way to help other people, people not even in his survival group. now in this last season, he's figuring out how that is more hurting than beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom