• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**** Mud Crusade: TEAM ODT September 15 Join Today ****

Im too old and fat to keep up with you whippersnappers, I might loose my false teeth.

Well I just turned 40 this past March and I'm 70 lbs over weight...but I'm working on getting healthier (down 6 lbs so far). We've got 50-some odd days to train... I figure I can drop another 25 - 35 lbs by then. If I can do it amigo...Bioshock can do it. Would love to meet the infamous Bioshock sometime. ...and you can meet my blow up doll.

Wish I had known about this sooner! I just started getting ready for my first ever 5k which is in October. No way I will be ready for this one. Good luck to all involved! Maybe I'll be up for it next year.

Wish I had known about this sooner! I just started getting ready for my first ever 5k which is in October. No way I will be ready for this one. Good luck to all involved! Maybe I'll be up for it next year.

Which 5k are you running? Do you have a training plan and running group?

I'm not even sure. My wife just told me it was in October. I'll ask her later

I just started using an app called RunDouble Couch to 5k. Don't know how good it works, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Great, having a plan and goal is key. If you are interested in finding a running group let me know. A lot of the running stores have runs thoughout the week. I do a couple on Tuesday evening and Friday am. It's good to have a group push you. Typically they are separated by pace/mile so you can be with a group of the same fitness level.

Get properly fitted for shoes at a real running store (not a dicks,athletes foot, etc.) It makes a big difference. The Big Peach Running Company does a great job.
Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom