• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**** Mud Crusade: TEAM ODT September 15 Join Today ****

Great, having a plan and goal is key. If you are interested in finding a running group let me know. A lot of the running stores have runs thoughout the week. I do a couple on Tuesday evening and Friday am. It's good to have a group push you. Typically they are separated by pace/mile so you can be with a group of the same fitness level.

Get properly fitted for shoes at a real running store (not a dicks,athletes foot, etc.) It makes a big difference. The Big Peach Running Company does a great job.
Best of luck.

Thanks! I may take you up on that. I'm trying to get myself back into the gym and start running. I've never been a runner, even when I was lifting weights regularly.

Thanks! I may take you up on that. I'm trying to get myself back into the gym and start running. I've never been a runner, even when I was lifting weights regularly.

Great job on starting to run. I heard the couch to 5k is a great program. I'm like you, I was never a runner until about a month ago. I have been lifting for a while, but decided to start running. I didn't use c25k though, I just jumped right in. I still have a long ways to go, and I know I'll be slow at the mud crusade, but I didn't register to set a record, I just did it to have a good time, and meet some fellow ODT members. I'm really looking forward to it. Good luck on the running you will probably progress to a point were you love to do it. Also I recommend big peach running Co. for shoes. They are great!

I think I am in for this. It sounds like a lot of fun. Can we all OC during the run haha? Maybe a few AR's and AK's slung over a shoulder? All kidding aside you can most likely count me in.

Finally remembered to ask the wife which 5k we were doing. It is the Fall Fest at Candler Park http://www.rungeorgia.com/candlerpark5k.html

Fantastic, you should have a great time. If you think you might really start to enjoy running, spend a couple bucks and buy Amby Burfoot's COMPLETE BOOK OF RUNNING. It is a Runners World book, published by Rodale. Great book. Best of luck.

Fantastic, you should have a great time. If you think you might really start to enjoy running, spend a couple bucks and buy Amby Burfoot's COMPLETE BOOK OF RUNNING. It is a Runners World book, published by Rodale. Great book. Best of luck.

Thanks, I think I am going to take your recommendation and go to the Big Peach Running Company to get some new sneakers. My feet are killing me!

Back
Top Bottom