• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mr. Belly Gun

Man, you are talented for sure. That is some awesome work.

I don't really like the front sight much though, it just doesn't seem to blend as well as the rest of the gun does. But everybody likes different stuff.

Keep up the good work, and keep the pictures coming, it has been cool to watch the project evolve.

Nope. Silver ehr on a satin blued gun is gold lamay hot pants on a whore....NASTY!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Front sight is not supposed to blend here (grips neither). That ya noticed it means its right....smacks ya right in the eye, just like the buffler an chantoyant bloodwood on the other project.

Last edited:
All in but the shooting and sight adjustments now.

Beautiful rust black on the EH&R set now. Running around the house shouting A Screw, A Screw, My Kingdom for a SCREW! I misplaced the EH&R retention screw.....found it where I left it....in the safe with the revolver.

i.imgur.com_1aLI4RI.jpg

Go side, installed and looking fine. Smooth function, no hang up in the notch noted. We'll see how it does at the range.

i.imgur.com_06f0pjl.jpg

Business end....three large holes.....looks like a Drilling Rifle from here....

i.imgur.com_OmseDkU.jpg

Love handle side, unless ya carry Crossdraw, then its still Love Handle side! I need to photo this gun in some good natural light.

i.imgur.com_EHUlNRx.jpg

A little better shot of this simple modification of the factory EH&R set up.

i.imgur.com_oYwcXmk.jpg

The button cams nicely out of the way, plenty of room to get the cylinder pin in and out of the gun for cleaning and maintenance.

i.imgur.com_GAGZ4yn.jpg

This is full cartridge lift with the EH&R system shortened to fit a 3.5" long barrel and leave about 1/16" of barrel in front of the end of the EH&R housing. I think one might just be able to go to a barrel length of 3 1/4" and still have cartridge lift that would allow extraction. Removing the backside of the loading gate frees up more working room for fingers.....As much as I'd like to try a 3 1/4" barreled full ejection system I may make one up for me with a 3" barrel, tapered to .6" at the muzzle and NO EH&R and no swell on the show side of the frame.

i.imgur.com_8jQBJ7s.jpg

Ya might be right. I'm thinking its more efficient to make depressed skull fractures with bullets! I think a button on the bottom of the grips might ruin the lines....wish there was enough meat in the grip frame to make a recessed lanyard loop, maybe a twist in to lock....but alas, not enough metal and I don't weld.

Final photo tour before range tomorrow. Once the sights are adjusted I may tweak the headdress to reinstall some of the feathers that were lost with the initial fitting of the coin front sight.

So, here we go. Only two boogers I feel worth mentioning.... a slight gap at the top of the left grip to frame and a bit of deep pitting around the right side cylinder pin button. So, the dents are in the bed of the truck and its time to use it like it was ment to be used and not babied anymore!

i.imgur.com_5Z0khXw.jpg

i.imgur.com_A9EeYkv.jpg

i.imgur.com_TinB9C9.jpg

i.imgur.com_DCgbkPT.jpg

i.imgur.com_zEerQ2W.jpg

i.imgur.com_xJ8DjXi.jpg

i.imgur.com_MLe70sy.jpg

i.imgur.com_Gwbdc1u.jpg

i.imgur.com_BY3Vntu.jpg

i.imgur.com_IEnLWr3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom