• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most you've ever spent or would spend on a knife?

About $230 into an Ultratech... and that's closely rivaled by the cost of a Benchmade fixed blade knife I've got. Otherwise, I usually go for ESSE's in the sub $150 price range, Kershaw Thermite or Leek for a pocket folder, and I still really like Mora Kniv for the value in a very good knife.

And I do carry and use the Ultratech quite often... I probably wouldn't buy another, but I always wanted a double action OTF knife. Finally got it. Then lost it for like a year and a half, then found it again :)

Whats a "double action" OTF?

Push the slider forward to shoot the blade out, push the slider to the rear to retract the blade... It's not like the shoot out/manually pull something to retract the blade.

Oh ok. Thats what I thought. How is the Ultratech? Is it a sturdy blade?

Oh ok. Thats what I thought. How is the Ultratech? Is it a sturdy blade?

Overall, pretty good. The action is extremely fast and has a very satisfying "thunk" when it extends and retracts. There is a little side to side play in the blade when extended(very little, but noticeable if you are looking for it). There is no up/down or in/out play in mine.

Although I will say it wasn't as sharp as other factory knives when I received it and the grind on either side of the blade isn't very even. I'll get a picture later today.

Probably about $150. I've spent that 3-4 times.

Currently carry a cold steel voyager I paid $40 for at a bargain store a couple of years ago.

I've also had several Kershaw knives in that range that were great. Still have a Kershaw "Needs Work" that I like a lot.

I do not like Buck knives. I've broken the tip off of every one I've ever had.

If I was going to spend that money again for a folder it would probably be something from Zero Tolerance.

If I could find a Trouble Blades Debt Collector I'd probably go $1000. That's my grail knife.
10919614_1521180894813059_1495216656_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom