• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most you've ever spent or would spend on a knife?

I spent $150 for a Blackjack #5. It's a user thought. I might spend more for a collector. Too bad I didn't buy a few Buckmasters when they were selling for $110!

Have a $300 TAD in my pocket right now.

Have owned several $350 - $550 CRKs, Striders and one Hinderer.

The most expensive I have is a William Henry that was around $700.

Yeah...I don't get the knife craze. My 60 dollar Buck knives will do anything your 1000 dollar Randal or whatever will. The only knives I "collect" are case knives. I have several worth over 100 now. I paid around 20 for most, more for some, less for some. I don't think I ever paid over 70 for one. I've been collecting them since I was a kid.

Yeah...I don't get the knife craze. My 60 dollar Buck knives will do anything your 1000 dollar Randal or whatever will. The only knives I "collect" are case knives. I have several worth over 100 now. I paid around 20 for most, more for some, less for some. I don't think I ever paid over 70 for one. I've been collecting them since I was a kid.

It's more about the quality of workmanship and the materials used.

Take CRK for example.

To me what makes his knives worth every penny is the precision and craftsmanship that I have never found in another blade. I really appreciate that precise craftsmanship and the engineering, pride, and work that goes in to making something better than what others settle for. They have some of the best and tightest tolerances possible in a knife and you can literally feel the quality of the piece.

Pretty much the same way with guns. A hi-point will get the job done but there are better products on the market. I don't understand the unwillingness to spend money on a blade. People carry $600 - $3000 guns on a daily basis but will not spend over $60 on a knife that will more than likely be more useful to them.

Last edited:
It's more about the quality of workmanship and the materials used.

Take CRK for example.

To me what makes his knives worth every penny is the precision and craftsmanship that I have never found in another blade. I really appreciate that precise craftsmanship and the engineering, pride, and work that goes in to making something better than what others settle for. They have some of the best and tightest tolerances possible in a knife and you can literally feel the quality of the piece.

Pretty much the same way with guns. A hi-point will get the job done but there are better products on the market. I don't understand the unwillingness to spend money on a blade. People carry $600 - $3000 guns on a daily basis but will not spend over $60 on a knife that will more than likely be more useful to them.

I carry a knife to skin wires and apples...occasionally to open a box. I don't need it to perform any greater task than that. On the same note though...I carry a Dan Wesson C Bob fairly regularly. It is full of factory installed match grade Ed Brown parts. It is as tight and of as high a quality build as any Nighthawk. It retailed new for 1600 which is still fairly expensive for a 1911. Yet people still pay over twice that for a Nighthawk. I don't get that. After 1000 bucks I actually start questioning heavily what the extra money is going into on any 1911 build.

Back
Top Bottom