• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mini-Red Dots for Pistols???

Right2Carry

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
16   0
Reaction score
Guys and Gals,

I'm looking into putting a Red Dot on my Glock 23. I turn to you guys for advice on the best optic for the $, and also, what modifications need to be made for the mounting process? I know you guys know your stuff. This is a brand new concept for me, just looking for some advice to get started in the right direction.
I'm just a recreational shooter, not looking for anything competition worthy, per-say.

Thanks!

Strongly consider the Burris optic for cost, on/off switch and point of impact adjustments which can/will be issues when recessing the sight into the frame.

The trijicon RMR sight is very nice and they are very proud of it as reflected in the price.

Lepould delta point kinda pricey but if you buy the all mounts kit they should have a mount included for glocks. There pretty tough sights.

I have a 22/45 and will be shooting with a can. I looked for something that would allow me to shoot out to 25 ft for target shooting and plinking. I guess it depends on your application.

If you want a toy, than go cheap. If this is for serious interpersonal conflict resolution, Ask yourself if the lowest bidder approach is the best idea. Gabe Suarez's company pioneered the use of Trijicon RMRs on Glocks 5 years ago. Read up on it. Build your slide on line and send it to them. It'll be done right. Glock had the chance to do it right, but the MOS is a POS. I'm currently saving my sheckels to have my G26 set up this way.

I have both an RMR and Fastfire 2. The RMR on 41 and the Fastfire on a 34, by far like the RMR better. My opinion between these two go with the RMR.

Back
Top Bottom