• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Major gasoline line that feeds the ATL in Alabama cut

It appears that the explosion was caused when a track hoe operator struck the line. Of course this still isn't good, but at least a clear cause is known and PHMSA won't be investigating cause for an extended period of time. With the San Bruno pipeline explosion the issue was improper welds and corrosion, and it took a while to investigate before repairs could even begin.

I hope you are right.

I don't know how many more times we needs to see this pipeline go down before we realize how fragile our situation is.

When Katrina happened, the Atlanta airport, Charlotte, and several others were within 3 or 4 days of completely shutting down due to running out of fuel.

It appears that the explosion was caused when a track hoe operator struck the line. Of course this still isn't good, but at least a clear cause is known and PHMSA won't be investigating cause for an extended period of time. With the San Bruno pipeline explosion the issue was improper welds and corrosion, and it took a while to investigate before repairs could even begin.
I doubt that the trackhoe punctured the pipeline. My guess is there was another release, causing explosive vapor levels that a spark (caused by the trackhoe) ignited. Maybe it was vapors from the prior release?

Everything's speculation at present, but news sources indicate Colonial's contractor was in the process of removing the bypass pipe and bringing the original section of buried pipeline back online?

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Our ass is totally flapping in the breeze.

But let's make sure that the same assholes who veto all the new pipelines keep getting elected.

Back
Top Bottom