• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Major gasoline line that feeds the ATL in Alabama cut

So, "Chevron with Techron" is complete bull****? When I was kid, working at Unocal 76, the only trucks that filled our tanks were Unocal 76 trucks. Not saying that's what was in the truck though.

That does make you wonder, maybe Chevron adds something to the main tank in the ground when filling? I am completely guessing here.

Additives would ordinarily be "added" at the pump. Not sure about the Techron thing.

Ah, good point. That would be about the only way to guarantee the same amount per gallon since in theory they don't run the tanks dry before refilling.

So, "Chevron with Techron" is complete bull****? When I was kid, working at Unocal 76, the only trucks that filled our tanks were Unocal 76 trucks. Not saying that's what was in the truck though.
No. The additive packages are company-specific. Most gasoline comes from the same pipeline/terminal. Most are added at the terminal, but some places like Costco are now adding them onsite when the tanks are filled, allowing them to buy at the wholesale level and ensuring the additives are always the same.

BMW did a 50k mile test some years ago, showing that Techron was a superior additive, but I'm sure all that has changed in recent years, as oil companies have divested themselves of corporate-owned gas stations.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

"We can confirm the decedent is [48-year-old] Anthony Lee Willingham..."

Heflin resident, welder, and pipeline worker leaves behind a wife, two daughters and several grandchildren.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/officials_identify_worker_kill.html#incart_2box

image.al.com_home_bama_media_width380_img_news_impact_photo_21443869_large.png

Back
Top Bottom