• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking to buy a nice ar15 for $500

Check out Ga Gun Store in Gainesville. I got a S&W sport II for $539 plus tax (about $570 otd) a couple of months ago.

I was going to recommend them as well. It would probably be a good idea to call first and make sure they still have them in stock. CG&P had them last month for $549 but they sold out immediately after Orlando. I have no idea if they got some more. It couldn't hurt to call them either.

The M&P Sport II will probably be the best one that is closest to your price range. I'm on!y guessing, though. There may be some others that are comparable.

Yeah, it's a nice rifle. It doesn't have all the fancy attachments that some rifles have, but you can always add them later...

Nice
image.jpeg

Basic colt m4

Not nice
image.jpeg

Bear creek arsenal top of the line AR with aftermarket goodies.

The attachments have nothing to do with "nice". Nice is a quality build with decent materials.

So the Ruger is not "made nice" in your opinion?

Based on what, exactly?

I have no opinion of the Ruger. Never shot or handled one or researched the specs. I'm stating that being good has nothing to do with the type of rail, hand guards, grip or anything else that gets clamped on a rifle.

Cheap ARs are notorious for cheap metal, materials and shoddy workmanship, fortunately most people never shoot them enough for the problems to announce themselves.

I would much rather buy a rifle with cheap parts that was built by @Wallace's or mtdawg169 mtdawg169 than by diamondback, bear creek or even bushmaster because they would at least torque and stake everything properly.

I have no opinion of the Ruger. Never shot or handled one or researched the specs. I'm stating that being good has nothing to do with the type of rail, hand guards, grip or anything else that gets clamped on a rifle.

Cheap ARs are notorious for cheap metal, materials and shoddy workmanship, fortunately most people never shoot them enough for the problems to announce themselves.

I would much rather buy a rifle with cheap parts that was built by @Wallace's or mtdawg169 mtdawg169 than by diamondback, bear creek or even bushmaster because they would at least torque and stake everything properly.
We do what we can...

This was an El cheapo nitride barrel.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160711_03f22c77936c47d3c6b16450b035b071.jpg

ive sold ar's on here for 400 bucks and i could prob outshoot the clowns with the expensive 2000$ ones.... iron sight vs iron sight...

Back
Top Bottom