• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking For Private Land to Shoot on

Yep.
I know a guy whom owns 100+ acres with a range up to 400 yards, pond, great hunting, trails, etc..

Let a few local, screened guests some access and:

-trash left around the pond, not much, but shouldn’t be ANY!
-decided to invite some of their “responsible”friends. More trash.
- let someone deer hunt for one deer, killed two 8 pts in one day
-turkey hunt for one turkey, two 11inch beards killed
-decide it ok to ride four wheelers across the whole property…several times
-shoot all of their ammo on the ranges and ask the landowner to “borrow “ more.
-the longer that had access, the sloppier they got.

Now he has severely limited invites.

That’s why it’s hard to get permission to enjoy someone else’s property.

Why should the landowner have the headaches and take a risk to help someone?
That's really sad doesnt sound much like a friend if they are doing things like that... I literally just want to shoot my own steel and fruit/vegetables. You know biodegradable things that disappear with a little bit of time. And that if any foraging animal finds that once in a blue moon I go out has a small feast or a bunch of bugs do.

I think if a guest shoots themselves by themselves it's all on them.
If they get an attorney you’ll be forced to do the same. Attorneys are expensive and law suits are a hassle and take time to settle. No one thought someone would sue McDonalds over hot coffee spilling in their lap so why take a chance.

If they get an attorney you’ll be forced to do the same. Attorneys are expensive and law suits are a hassle and take time to settle. No one thought someone would sue McDonalds over hot coffee spilling in their lap so why take a chance.
A lawyer usually only takes a case when they know they can win. They would have prove I was liable for their stupidity. The McDonald's was a solid win. But that initial 22mil settlement was reversed and she only got like 200k.

A lawyer usually only takes a case when they know they can win. They would have prove I was liable for their stupidity. The McDonald's was a solid win. But that initial 22mil settlement was reversed and she only got like 200k.
Well I won’t have to worry about it because there won’t be anyone else shooting at my range.

Yep. And the legal liability if a “guest” shoots themselves, someone else or gets hurt on your property. They’ll be on the phone to “One Call that’s All” in a heartbeat,
Georgia has a statute that grants total immunity to landowners who allow recreational use of their land for free.

"One call" don't be taking case with no money on the other end.

Back
Top Bottom