• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking For Private Land to Shoot on

Georgia has a statute that grants total immunity to landowners who allow recreational use of their land for free.

"One call" don't be taking case with no money on the other end.
Didn't know that. But makes 100% sense. Can't keep your land 100% locked down people wander and yeah... good to know.

For us it wasn't a problem. Everyone in the world loved my father. He just had that personality. Had the brain of mad scientist and the party attitude of Elvis Presley. Just a good down to earth dude. He could do anything. People just opened up their property to him just because of his friendly demeanor. I had it nice that way. We never abused the property either. Never a spec of trash.
One time we went out to shoot at Sam's ( what we called it ) place in Oklahoma. a couple guys from Altus Air Force base came out with fully auto guns and slew a mess of deer. About 13-15in total. What a bunch is A holes. We couldn't believe it.

Yeah I was pissed off to say the least. Those were in the days when it was very hard to keep my composer with something like that. I never saw another deer there after that. I am sure coincidence was at play because I saw tracks but never when I was there.

Back
Top Bottom