• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking For Private Land to Shoot on

SinFin01

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
62   0
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I live in the North Fulton area and I'm looking for someplace to shoot on private land in North GA. I do know about Wilson Shoals and have shot up there many times - great place.

I'm looking for someone who has private land and likes to shoot on it. Not just punching holes in paper. I like shooting all sorts of targets - including Tannerite exploding stuff. Can't exactly shoot that on the WMA ranges.

Also enjoy a little cookout or refreshments after shooting. I bring firearms, ammo, targets, refreshments...just looking for a safe, fun place to shoot that is out in the country.

Thanks to all for any replies and suggestions.
Mark

Lots of good posts on this subject.

Top answers are always:

Join a better range
Make friends with a neighbor wtih property
Use family property
Buy own property to shoot on

Due to our society and liability the 4th option usually at the top of the polls.

Hope you find what your needing!

You need to find a farmer who has a lot of acreage, no near neighbors, does not have livestock or horses, has a hill you can use as a backstop (after doing some digging / grading to make it a clean flat surface for the bullets to embed themselves into), and likes guns, so that the farmer can enjoy using this range too, and shooting some of YOUR guns.

I wish I knew such a farmer.

Back
Top Bottom