• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legality of Child in possession of firearm.

A blank inside of a barrel that is welded up and not a GAS OPERATED firearm will likely EXPLODE. Just FYI. An m4 that has a blank adapter, cycles the action with the gas pressure that is relieved through the gas system. What kind of rifle are you turning into a blank only? A bolt action or lever action with go BOOM and not in a good way.
It seems to have an open port by the rear sight that looks as if it vents gas. I believe the term is “top ejecting” vs “barrel ejections” or something when it comes to blank guns

I want to thank you all for weighing in as I really took the issue seriously. A lot of good advice and it’s always best to be on the side of the most caution when dealing firearms. My son and I are doing a little joint custody. We did a Woodswalk where he carried it and he has the muzzle control of an ATF agent in a dog park. I do have faith in this training system and I’ve got the boy pretty well convinced he’s the real McCoy. So time will tell. Thanks again.

I uploaded James on his birthday. 6 years old with his first “rifle”.

Attachments

• 68223EE0-3213-49B4-A8CF-92890F4478A2.jpeg
    68223EE0-3213-49B4-A8CF-92890F4478A2.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 24
  • 690F8474-268C-46B8-A7D7-F7D604533D4D.jpeg
    690F8474-268C-46B8-A7D7-F7D604533D4D.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 23
Remember the cops shot a kid in Detroit who was sitting on a park bench holding a BB gun.

To answer the original question, if the barrel is welded so that it cannot discharge a projectile, it is not a firearm.

Your kid, your rules but I don't see the point. If he is hassled at all about it. may decide to bag the whole thing. Just seems to me there are better options.

Tamir Rice - cops rolled up and had him shot dead before the car got stopped

Not sure what the answer for you is here but I suggest this as a side bar to your main question

Don’t lie to your son - I’ll probably get bad parent award from some but IDGAF - For examples: My sun was never told there was a Santa Claus or ToothFairy or Easter bunny etc . . - On Christmas he got stuff from me and we ate birthday cake - I paid him cash for every baby tooth when he brought them to me - For Easter we spent most of them on Stone Mountain lake at sunrise bass fishing and listening to the carillon bells - Now at 25 if I called him and told him it was raining soup outside he would run out there with a spoon and a bowl if he was hungry

Just a thought to consider while you are pondering the gun issue

lol. What do you think blanks are? Don't they have primers? Yes. Don't they have gun powder? Yes. People are killed by blanks every year. It is, in fact, a firearm.
Only if it has a barrel. The OP said the barrel was welded shut. If that is the case, what is the projectile that is being expelled, and how?

Only if it has a barrel. The OP said the barrel was welded shut. If that is the case, what is the projectile that is being expelled, and how?
I do props work with the armory department occasionally. Blank barrels and rounds are dangerous also. You gotta treat those just like live stuff. Its still a contained explosion, but the barrel is plugged...

Just ask Brandon Lee.

Back
Top Bottom