• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

I finally got out in my kayak. I don’t think I’ve used it since last fall. I was kayaking in a large stream that no one fishes and caught a bunch.

Do any of you ladies and gents fish out of a feel free lure 10? I am looking for a new kayak and was wanting your opinion on them
I fished with a guy last year who was in a Lure but I’m not sure if it was the 10’ or one of the longer models. It seemed like a quality kayak and he liked it. The thing I remember most was the really nice high quality seat.
I have had a Native Titan 12, a Jackson Coosa FD, and a new Hobie Outback. I’ve sold the Titan and still have the Jackson as a spare and for friends, but my primary go-to rig is now the Hobie. I’ve got to have a pedal drive for the fishing I do. I can’t imagine having to just use a paddle. If I did, I would be using the boat several times a week instead of the yak like I do now.

I like the seat on the lure and the weight of it. I am looking to stay under a 1000. Trying to find something to fit the bill of a good seat and weight with that price point. I am opened to suggestions on any other kayak brand

I fished with a guy last year who was in a Lure but I’m not sure if it was the 10’ or one of the longer models. It seemed like a quality kayak and he liked it. The thing I remember most was the really nice high quality seat.
I have had a Native Titan 12, a Jackson Coosa FD, and a new Hobie Outback. I’ve sold the Titan and still have the Jackson as a spare and for friends, but my primary go-to rig is now the Hobie. I’ve got to have a pedal drive for the fishing I do. I can’t imagine having to just use a paddle. If I did, I would be using the boat several times a week instead of the yak like I do now.
I bought my Yak (Jackson Cuda12) shortly before pedal drive really became a thing. Bad timing. I love that Yak, but now that I have two torn rotator cuffs, it's pretty much retired.

I like the seat on the lure and the weight of it. I am looking to stay under a 1000. Trying to find something to fit the bill of a good seat and weight with that price point. I am opened to suggestions on any other kayak brand

You should look at a Vibe. They are made in Kennesaw and are at a pretty good price point. I have a sit in, but have been looking at SOT's for a while.

Back
Top Bottom