• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

Vibe kayaks are not made in Kennesaw. They are imported from China like many of the others.
Yeah, the new Shearwater 125 that have coming out is a great looking pedal one that had caught my attention, but the virus has screwed-up their market delivery that was supposed to hit a month or so back. I wanted to look at one and maybe use with the Hobie 180 kick-up drive but got tired of waiting and got the new Outback instead.

I like the seat on the lure and the weight of it. I am looking to stay under a 1000. Trying to find something to fit the bill of a good seat and weight with that price point. I am opened to suggestions on any other kayak brand
I’ll tell you from experience, the Jackson customer service is second to none and not what you usually find from companies these days. I purchased my Jackson well-used and even so they have stood behind it and replaced stuff that I would not have expected. Very easy to deal with and shipped out replacement drives to me within days of my call.
I would look for a used one in your price range. They are manufactured in TN.

I bought my Yak (Jackson Cuda12) shortly before pedal drive really became a thing. Bad timing. I love that Yak, but now that I have two torn rotator cuffs, it's pretty much retired.
I think they stopped manufacturing that model. Seems like I remember a lot of guys complaining about that because they really like that model. Does your have the removable floor section where the FD drive could be mounted? The FD flex drive is what I love about and why I got mine (even though the original version has not been without problems). The way it automatically folds up under/into the hull is invaluable in the shallow stained flats i’m fishing. My native drive would constantly get hung up on the oyster beds I couldn’t see coming and then I would have to fight pulling it up through the well because once you are stuck you can’t get the prop vertical to fit through the hole...

what is the most stable? Cant stand the tippy narrow ones
Native Titan or the Hobie Pro Angler. Jackson BigRig would also fit that category. But arguably it’s a stretch to call them a kayak... All are stupid expensive.
My Titan 12 was crazy stable. I could throw a cast net out of it and stand on the seat to get a better vantage point. Was more like a small Jon Boat. Weight is not an issue for me because I’m using from our dock and rarely transport it. Only reason I got rid of it was due to not like the way the pedal drive worked for my situation.
25893578-959A-4357-A93D-FED44118E2AA.jpeg

I think they stopped manufacturing that model. Seems like I remember a lot of guys complaining about that because they really like that model. Does your have the removable floor section where the FD drive could be mounted? The FD flex drive is what I love about and why I got mine (even though the original version has not been without problems). The way it automatically folds up under/into the hull is invaluable in the shallow stained flats i’m fishing. My native drive would constantly get hung up on the oyster beds I couldn’t see coming and then I would have to fight pulling it up through the well because once you are stuck you can’t get the prop vertical to fit through the hole...
No, mine was before the drive.

Back
Top Bottom