Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Something completely different

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • If I can stuff a taco in the grip, I don't care which one

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 1911 or gtfo

Votes: 17 21.8%

• Total voters
Of the two you listed, I like the Sig. Just don't like Glock triggers.
As others have mentioned, the Canik TP9 elite SC is a good choice, with a better trigger that both the Glock & Sig IMO. I've sold all my Glocks and have both the Sig and Canik.

sigolight.jpg

20200604_171207.jpg

I went glock for purely pragmatic reasons, cheap and plentiful mags, holsters, etc... went gen5 19 mos. I like the sig quite a bit, but being a GA boy that lives relatively close to Atlanta makes glock an easy choice. It just plain works, and there's always the fact that in the rare case something goes wrong, HQ is right in the ATL.

I'm not a fanboy by any stretch, as the triggers are mushy, factory sights are a joke, and the "innovation" factor is extremely low. (Look! We made a .22lr trainer! After you've been wanting it for 30 years and the aftermarket did it better and cheaper... Don't worry it doesn't work, it's the black brick you all love!)

I'd say shoot them both as much as feasibly possible, and crunch the numbers on what you'd need to have to feel good about the gun you carry. That's what I did, and I'm a random dude on the internet, so I must be right... right?
ed96ae4b9a9c6b27a1ad3dbc19cdea71.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I went glock for purely pragmatic reasons, cheap and plentiful mags, holsters, etc... went gen5 19 mos. I like the sig quite a bit, but being a GA boy that lives relatively close to Atlanta makes glock an easy choice. It just plain works, and there's always the fact that in the rare case something goes wrong, HQ is right in the ATL.

I'm not a fanboy by any stretch, as the triggers are mushy, factory sights are a joke, and the "innovation" factor is extremely low. (Look! We made a .22lr trainer! After you've been wanting it for 30 years and the aftermarket did it better and cheaper... Don't worry it doesn't work, it's the black brick you all love!)

I'd say shoot them both as much as feasibly possible, and crunch the numbers on what you'd need to have to feel good about the gun you carry. That's what I did, and I'm a random dude on the internet, so I must be right... right?
ed96ae4b9a9c6b27a1ad3dbc19cdea71.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No matter how well a pistol fits your hand,even when you dont naturally tend to point high or low with whatever platform you choose,it goes without saying that there is no substitute for time behind the trigger and rounds down range,to become proficient with a sidearm carried for self defense.There will be other tendencies or quirks you will discover,you must train thru to help eliminate,like slow reloads,fumbling with stoppages,presentations,carry considerations etc.All platforms are equal in this respect.

No matter how well a pistol fits your hand,even when you dont naturally tend to point high or low with whatever platform you choose,it goes without saying that there is no substitute for time behind the trigger and rounds down range,to become proficient with a sidearm carried for self defense.There will be other tendencies or quirks you will discover,you must train thru to help eliminate,like slow reloads,fumbling with stoppages,presentations,carry considerations etc.All platforms are equal in this respect.
And lots of dry fire time too.

I had this same conundrum a while back and went with the P320.

I bought the X-Carry with Romeo1, then bought the X-Compact grip, then bought the subcompact grip on sale as a joke (and it was the ugliest gun you've ever seen). It takes like 2 minutes to switch between the grips so I was able to use the same gun depending on what I had to wear. The company that makes the X01 FCU is also supposedly coming out with more stuff that can use the P320's serialized FCU.

Long story short, both are good, but the Sig is like 4 guns in one.

Back
Top Bottom