• 1911 or gtfo

Votes: 17 21.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
Looking for a new carry gun which could also do double duty for home defense, and I've narrowed it down to two great handguns.
p320.png g-19.png
If you had to only have one, would it be something in the Sig P320 line or a Glock 19? Both offer a lot. Both guns have striker triggers, both pistols sit somewhere between service guns and carry / compact pistols. Capacity is 15 rounds in both cases, and both pistols come with accessory rails, so it can be equipped with a light. Both can be equipped with a red dot too (my preference these days), although the G19 can take more different models than the Sig.

One thing I cannot find any online comparisons is the grip angle. I tend to inherently or naturally point Glocks too high, meaning I have to pause and bring the front sight down a bit, which slows me down. Interested in what you think about the angle.

P.S. Leaning toward the P320 X-compact RXP model with the nice straight trigger and red dot capability.

Thanks ODT ThinkTank.

I’ll suggest the M&P 2.0c cause that’s what I have so it must be best.;)

I will say, if you’re willing to get used to it, I’d go Glock simply for the convenience. Mags, holsters, sights, etc. are all so easy.

I have the exact same issues with glocks. I do not have the problem with any of the P320 grips. I have shot the standard grips, the X5 grips and I have dry fired the P320 wilson grips. I have sold all my glocks except for a 34 that I put a Zev trigger kit in. I am waiting for the used prices to go up so I can avoid losing money on the gun with trigger installed.

I have a P320 and love the way it feels in my hand and how it shoots. I didnt like the SigRMR, the battery life wasnt good, and I didnt feel that it would be powered on if I ever needed it. I now just have the night sights on it, and they are easier to acquire the target for me. The grip angle on the glocks is the one thing that has always kept me from owning one. The grip angle on the Sig is more natural for me, more in line with my 1911's. Plus you can stipple the frame and not worry about changing it out if you decide you dont like the stipple, or want a different size frame.

That being said, I find its a bit big/heavy to carry in the summer with shorts and a T-shirt, so I usually have something smaller in my pocket.

I just commented on someone else’s post about this....he was asking for opinions on the Canik TP9SC Elite....I bought one about four months back....it is excellent! Paid about $350 (online seller)....this hardware is manufactured under IOS 9000 standards....can’t get much better quality than that...comes with a 12 round and 15 round mag and is red dot ready! Striker fired 4.5 lb trigger.

The two "choices" you put out there are both great options but the Canik is another option that is well worth taking a look at IMHO

JJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom