Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Something completely different

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • If I can stuff a taco in the grip, I don't care which one

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 1911 or gtfo

Votes: 17 21.8%

• Total voters
No striker fired edc guns for me, please.
LW Commander or Star PD In .45 and spare mag(s).
Plus you gots to choot ‘em less wit’ dem big boolits.

I’ve picked up a few hammer fired guns this past year and agree on that thought....especially if they are DA fired...you get an extra chance at a round with a light primer strike...but I still carry a P365 for EDC for what I consider a few reasons....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock 19 for the win.If your gonna mount a MRDS,pointing a little high is not gonna be an issue.Its a proven reliable platform with tons of aftermarket parts and if times are ruough...odds are you will be able to scrounge parts and magazines.Good luck with whatever you decide.

The glock grip angle is a non issue after 15 minutes of dryfire. You get used to whatever you shoot the most. Just stick with one. Either gun is great and won't hold you back from anything. I have both but only shoot the Sig due to the fact that's what I compete with. The people that "can't shoot Glocks good" probably can't shoot anything good. Pistol shooting is ONLY about grip, sight alignment and pulling the trigger straight back.

If you’re used to a certain grip angle, and have been using it regularly for years, 15 minutes of dry firing will not get you locked in with a new grip angle. Yes, it may work on the range or during training, but under stress you will revert to what your body knows BEST.

Yes, you can train yourself to get used to the different grip angle, but it’s going to take a lot more than 15 minutes.

This works in both directions. If you’re used to a Glock, and grab a SIG, you’ll end up pointing low during instinctual shooting. Years ago I trained myself to switch from the “regular” grip angle to Glock’s. After about 7 years, I trained myself out of that and into a SIG. Early next year I’ll be going back into Glock. The transitions are very doable, with dedication and proper training...... but takes more than 15 minutes.

The optic or sights you run have nothing to do with pointing high or low, unless you NEVER do instinctual/point shooting and ALWAYS use the dot or sights.

If you’re used to a certain grip angle, and have been using it regularly for years, 15 minutes of dry firing will not get you locked in with a new grip angle. Yes, it may work on the range or during training, but under stress you will revert to what your body knows BEST.
Yep that’s me. Been shooting other Sigs for a long time, which is why I tend to aim Glocks high when not slow firing at the range.

Back
Top Bottom