• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

iTrader Court!

Does "Got an AK" deserve a negative rating?

• Yes! He said "done deal"

Votes: 95 55.6%
  • No! No time or place to meet was set.

Votes: 76 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 9 yr old just read this and she said " no one made a deal" < Awesome. just awesome. :thumb: Kids have a way of stating the obvious and seeing things for what they really are. Starting to think the older people get the more likely they are to fall into a lynch mob mentality. Give your 9 year old a high five for me. :high5:

That is awesome... she should decide all of these things :) My youngest is 19 although she acts like a 5 yr old sometimes.

In my personal opinion:

Time and place - designating a city and a day is not the same as two people agreeing to meet at the ABC parking lot at 123 Main Street at 1:00pm today - seems like no time and place were set.

Done deal - When the other party (not the one who said deal) starts to re-negotiate and says:
"Would you happen to have the original handguards, grip and magazine for it? Box and papers?"
"How about this. Leave the rail on it and keep the (2) tapco mags in exchange, give me the factory handguards, steel mag and factory pistol grip. Fair?"
"Sounds good. In a perfect world, I would like the factory grip, mag, quad rail and factory handguards. Let's talk in the morning."

These items all re-open the negotiations and at that point there is no longer a 'done deal'.

My opinion is that no deal terms or time/place was finalized and no negative feedback is justified...YMMV :D.

To me its simple, cut and dry. No one wasted their gas, no one lost money, and no specific time/place was set so I don't understand. No harm no foul...

I agree. And it wasn't a set deal because he wanted to change the trade item- hand guards and mags and whatnot

Situation sucks, but I don't see cause for negative feedback.

ETA: interesting poll results... My take is that even though he said "done deal" the deal really wasn't done.

It is a loop hole, kind of- the AK guy aged to a deal, then the glock guy changed the deal.

Last edited:
after reading it i can see how negative feedback may not be warranted. The problem I have is that this kinda thing can set a bad standard.

example. person A posts a gun for a great deal, person B wants the gun but doesnt have the money but says "ill take it" instead of settting a meet right away he stalls with different conditions to make time to sell something or come up with the cash. after a while person B figures out he cant come up with the money so he backs out and expects to not recieve neg feed back because a date and place has not been set even though person A has since missed out on other possible deals because he got an I take it from person B.

I know this isnt the exact same situation as the one OS posted but I think if you say you have a deal then thats it.

I've gotten a BS feedback score on here. It was removed. It's nice that our Mods/Admins look into this kind of stuff to keep it fair. I've seen sellers say that people with 100% feedback get first dibs, or are only considered in making a deal. I like our feedback system. Helps you know who you are working with(as far as reliability). I say have made several deals without using the phone. in this case i am thinking neutral at best. it sucks to get your hopes up only to get let down, but these guys seem to have been courting each other.. anding extra wants after the DONE DEAL was written. i would say choose words more carefully.

Last edited:
i47.tinypic.com_9kxreq.jpg

well, even with the anonymity, we will all know who it is if we go to your feedback page once this has been decided negative or neutral....lol

I thought you learned your lesson?
:pound:

Hahaha trust me I have! However as trader Ron pointed out, after numbers were exchanged, the other gentleman started haggling over what he wanted. It seems to me that at that point the original deal was null and void and it was back to the negotiation stages. And as I recall there was a two day time limit on this. Not postponed for over a week wasting the others guy time (:eek:) People who do that deff deserve the neg. Im simply saying that the specifics were set, negotiations started up again, and it seems a bit unfair...

To me its simple, cut and dry. No one wasted their gas, no one lost money, and no specific time/place was set so I don't understand. No harm no foul...

agree. Marietta and Calhoun are a long way off. If one made the trip and the deal fell through...different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom