• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

iTrader Court!

Does "Got an AK" deserve a negative rating?

• Yes! He said "done deal"

Votes: 95 55.6%
  • No! No time or place to meet was set.

Votes: 76 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
my opinion if you say deal/done deal/ I'll take it, your ****ed, you made your verbal contract, if you don't buy it or don't sell it. that why people should refrain from making the done deal statement until after a location is chosen. would you sign an unconditional contract anywhere else? don't do it.

If OKSteve Pm's me and says he'll buy my gun "done deal", but we go back an forth for a week on where to meet and when, my gun goes unadvertised for a week and if he backs out I'm the one with lost time to sell. Location and price should be negotiated together as they are both part of the deal.

As a seller I've gone as far as to not let someone call something a deal even when we agree on price if their or my own schedule do not mate up in the immediate future, or if further negotiation is needed set up a no obligation meeting to view the gun.

Even though the "done deal" was spoken, the time/place was still not set. So going by the rules if I see a guy that lives in TX with a gun for sale and I say I'll take it, and he refuses to ship, I am "required" to buy the firearm in order to not receive negative feedback? I agree with the post above that if the time/place was worked out, this would be a different story. I don't think there should be anything done with this situation at all. Move along.

Agreed, but what makes this one a "special case" is that he plainly stated "done deal"

I still disagree. If the rule is that an exact time and place has to be set, I don't think it matters what was said. Maybe the guy is a jerk, doesn't mean he broke the deal or the rule.

What other terms could cause a negative feedback?
"I'll take it"
"I want it"
"It's mine"
"When can we meet?"
etc, etc, etc

I have come to trust the feedback system on ODT. Right now, it tells me that someone with a positive rating will likely show up to a meet with either cash in hand or an item exactly as described on ODT. IMO, that's all it needs to tell me. Giving this guy a negative feedback would attempt to value how good someone is at communicating. That's a slippery subjective slope.

Right now, it tells me that someone with a positive rating will likely show up to a meet with either cash in hand or an item exactly as described on ODT. IMO, that's all it needs to tell me. Giving this guy a negative feedback would attempt to value how good someone is at communicating. That's a slippery subjective slope.
Exactly. Well said!

I get the done deal thing but until they've actually worked out the logistics of a meet I don't think that you can call anything final. It's bad form but I don't think that it's a finalized deal until you've got two people who have agreed on a time and a place to do a transaction ....

Need some help on an itrader deal, does "Got an AK" deserve a negative feedback rating?

(All names & locations changed)

Why leave any feedback? If you thought he did wrong you would say neg feedback, do I ask why any at all? Is feedback a way some people feel they have power? My 9 yr old just read this and she said " no one made a deal".

My 9 yr old just read this and she said " no one made a deal" < Awesome. just awesome. :thumb: Kids have a way of stating the obvious and seeing things for what they really are. Starting to think the older people get the more likely they are to fall into a lynch mob mentality. Give your 9 year old a high five for me. :high5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom