• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

iTrader Court!

Does "Got an AK" deserve a negative rating?

• Yes! He said "done deal"

Votes: 95 55.6%
  • No! No time or place to meet was set.

Votes: 76 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Need some help on an itrader deal, does "Got an AK" deserve a negative feedback rating?

(All names & locations changed)

Trading Guy said:
Got an AK said:
Trading Guy said:
Got an AK said:
Trading Guy said:
Got an AK said:
Trading Guy said:
Got an AK said:
Trading Guy said:
Got an AK said:
Trading Guy said:
I have a brand new 4th Gen Glock 19 w/ 3 magazines and night sights.

done. when would you like to meet

I'm in Marietta all week. How far towards Marietta are you willing to come?

how about cartersville?

If you could get to Calhoun, I could do it tomorrow. Cartersville would be ok also but it would be later in the week.

i can do Calhoun. here is my cell. if you'd like to text me

Would you happen to have the original handguards, grip and magazine for it? Box and papers?

i can look for the handgaurds and grip, i do i have a standard steel mag. the box was just cheap card board i threw it away and it didn't come with any papers. if you prefer the standard hand grips etc i have a stock draco as well if you want that one instead.

How about this. Leave the rail on it and keep the (2) tapco mags in exchange, give me the factory handguards, steel mag and factory pistol grip. Fair?

lol i hate tapco mag too... ill see if i can find the hand guards in the morning... other wise id have to dismantle my stock one which i plan on sbring anyway so i don't really need to hand guards. lemme see if i can find them tomorrow.

Sounds good. In a perfect world, I would like the factory grip, mag, quad rail and factory handguards. Let's talk in the morning.

Trading Guy said:
Got an AK said:
hey man just got a trade offer, straight up right around the corner from me. i know we had been dealing but since we had nothing set in stone I'm going to go ahead with the other trade. thanks for your offer

Wrong. You're first response to me was "Done deal, when would you like to meet" followed by multiple PM's on working out details. You need to learn how this work.

I've gotten a brush off similar to that one before. Thought we had a swap going as he passed through town. A few minutes later it was nope, someone around the corner wanted it and offered more than he had it listed for. I just wished him well and let it slide :(

I should add that if he had been a member a bit longer I'd have been p***ed.

negative feedback
even if you think about breaking a deal for some reason, you never break the deal unless two parties agree to the breakdown
plus all the details discussed after the first pm saying he could meet him turned it into a even more concrete serious deal

Last edited:
I let one slide last week as well, he could not meet til Saturday, texted him Friday to confirm - got back a "sorry I really needed the cash" text back late Saturday afternoon!

The original post was for a trade not a cash sale and I looked at when thread was closed - was while he was requesting more pictures of my gun ands text indicated trade was good to go Saturday. Also feed back left about the supposed "sale" before Saturday.

Specific time was not set or location, but a confirmation of the deal was made - I chalked it up to a new member w/ low post and feedback count.

This is the best idea yet OS!! I had nearly the same happen to me, and didnt leave feedback after he began to ***** about it. I should have, though, to let him know that you dont back out of a deal when its practically settled. This site is too good for that nonsense,and too full of good people that don't back out. Most of the time I call the person, when agreed to a deal, to discuss a time and place to meet up to assure that it's truly set in stone. To back out like that, IMO deserves a negative, as a repercussion, and to warn people that it could happen to them.

It was made clear to me that people on this site will trade with who ever they want. It is "their firearm". Though I don't agree with that entirely they are right. You can't make them do anything. If the guy wanting to purchase it really wanted the firearm he would have driven to the guys house same day for the pick up and not tried to convenience himself then tell the owner he is wrong for doing what was convenient for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom