• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! Why .380??

I carry and own .380s. At the time I bought mine there really weren't any affordable really small 9MMs. The P3AT carries flat and shoot well. I also have dies for .380 (that were given to me) so ammo cost doesn't factor in too much for me. With a Lee 102gr. cast bullet over 2.7gr. Bullseye I can shoot all day for cheap.

honestly the ballistics are about equal on quality ammo with 380ACP vs 9MM....

Honestly, no, it’s not.

Is Hornady Critical Defense a “quality” round?

For .380, That’s 90 grains at 1000 fps, for 200 ft/pounds of energy.

For 9mm (standard prsssure) you throw 115 grains at 1140 fps, for 330 foot-pounds.

I like the round, and have a beretta , SIG, and a Bersa. All work great and with a special round, it has some stopping power. But is shoot more paper than vandals

Is CorBon a quality defensive load?

Their 90-grain .380 generates 1050 f.p.s. and 220 foot-pounds energy.

Their 9mm 115 gr. +P gets 1350 f.p.s. And 460 foot-pounds.
I'm not a ballistics guy and not arguing that 380 can be " as good" as 9mm with any ammo. But to me if you want a true pocket auto like the LCP and P3AT models mentioned above then you have to give up something. You mentioned Cor Bon ammo. In the 90s I used it a good bit and I thought everything they offered was good quality. 380 will never do what 9mm can do. But at the same time I doubt we will ever see 9mm in an LCP sized pistol.

Is CorBon a quality defensive load?

Their 90-grain .380 generates 1050 f.p.s. and 220 foot-pounds energy.

Their 9mm 115 gr. +P gets 1350 f.p.s. And 460 foot-pounds.
for your argument how can you use +p for comparison? Really most .380 and 9mm rounds are close enough in ballistics to still kill a person just as dead, on your first comparison of hornady critical defense there really wasn't that much of a difference in fps or foot pounds of pressure.

Back
Top Bottom