• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is everyone’s money real tight right now?

Another thing to consider is how this Administration calculates unemployment. They look at the number of jobs available, and run that against the number of people looking for work. So when a ton of people give up and retire early, or leave the job market entirely, they skew the numbers to make them look better than they are.

Eg. if there are 1M people looking for jobs and only 900k available, then the unemployment rate is 10%. If 5 million of those people give up and leave the workforce, then the 900k jobs get divided into the remaining 950k workers looking. You effectively cut the unemployment rate in half despite not actually adding any new jobs... The situation isn't any better, but the numbers make it look like significant gains were made.

It's all an elaborate game of shells...
Yep, I'm one of those that just retired

Don't believe anything you hear, and only 1/2 of what you see. It's a numbers game stupid. Some people don't have the ability to think for themselves, or the common sense to figure out what they're actually seeing.

He JUST spent 1.2 BILLION today...giving away free money....AND you're going to tell me, along with all others here....THIS IS NOT FUELING INFLATION???
come on man!!

Where did I say that? Read again. I said Biden isn’t helping the situation that Trump initiated. Yall are so quick to try and defend Trump and point fingers at Democrats, but ignore the facts.

Trump spent recklessly. Inflation was predicted as a result. Biden isn’t helping giving money away in foreign aide.

Much of what you say I cannot argue with.
But if you believe the inflation rate numbers used by this administration than you are willfully ignorant, and don’t observe the prices you are paying.

As for unemployment #s being better, you still would have to go back to trump numbers to compare.
Admittedly the numbers rose under trump, but were intentionally inflated by, long past any reasoning, restrictions, and payments to stay home, again continuing well past and real reasoning.

The continued and ridiculous response to COVID is the primary driver for inflation, much higher than the administration claims. Even MSMBC and other MSM outlets have called them out on their numbers repeatedly. And the employment numbers but not to the same extent.

According to everyone in this group, no stats are to be trusted no matter where they originate.

If I use stats that go against someone’s beliefs, they say the stats are bs and somehow corrupt. If I use stats they agree with, they won’t question it in the least. lol.

Personally, I look at stats from multiple sources that have data to support.

^^^ right off the bat.. a Buncha bs.. humbly that’s my opinion

Opinion not based in fact, aren’t opinions. It’s ignorance.

You can’t refute what I said with facts and data to support? You simply want to hate Democrats and anyone that doesn’t automatically agree with your world views. Just because your favorite right wing news source says something, doesn’t make it accurate.

If you think Republicans or Dems give af about you, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Nope, the whole industry s flat. Fairly large bump in January, but totally flat late in the month and Feb.

Looking at four $479k+ new build homes out my window. Been for sale for at least four months. I think one of the four has had two viewings, not sale or contracts yet.

It depends on the area. Real estate as a whole has been doing well, but some areas are in slumps. What area are you in? I’m in Hampton, near Fayetteville.

I was 1 of the first 4 to buy a home in a brand new neighborhood, priced $395-$460k. All the houses (180) sold within a year and I’ve been here 2 years. Since I’ve been here, 7 people have resold their homes for about 20-30% more than they paid. My home alone is up 37% in equity. And several new neighborhood nearby are selling.

My Real Estate Broker and her contractor husband have been selling homes nonstop for years. I invest with them and haven’t been hurt. The market slowed, picked back up, then slowed again. That’s typical of the market. But not to the point to where we haven’t sold homes. We close on 1-2 houses a week and sell within 4-6 months or less (post renovations).

Where did I say that? Read again. I said Biden isn’t helping the situation that Trump initiated. Yall are so quick to try and defend Trump and point fingers at Democrats, but ignore the facts.

Trump spent recklessly. Inflation was predicted as a result. Biden isn’t helping giving money away in foreign aide.
US spending and exponential growth of debt has been happening through 4 administrations. Eventually it’s going to be time to pay the piper. Biden sucks but this was bound to happen regardless. Tried to avoid political-sounding stuff in this sub-forum but I guess it already went that direction.

US spending and exponential growth of debt has been happening through 4 administrations. Eventually it’s going to be time to pay the piper. Biden sucks but this was bound to happen regardless. Tried to avoid political-sounding stuff in this sub-forum but I guess it already went that direction.

Exactly. People act like this is magically the fault of one single person.

Opinion not based in fact, aren’t opinions. It’s ignorance.

You can’t refute what I said with facts and data to support? You simply want to hate Democrats and anyone that doesn’t automatically agree with your world views. Just because your favorite right wing news source says something, doesn’t make it accurate.

If you think Republicans or Dems give af about you, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.
And your statement ^^^^ could be said directly back to you.. thank you for that.. you saved my fingers sir screen time 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom