• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is everyone’s money real tight right now?

Nope, the whole industry s flat. Fairly large bump in January, but totally flat late in the month and Feb.

Looking at four $479k+ new build homes out my window. Been for sale for at least four months. I think one of the four has had two viewings, not sale or contracts yet.
Not my mileage, but I get you

That’s writing off debt the government wrote, not “giving it away”.

Debatable what direction this allows things to move.
I think folks like my daughter and son-in-law who have already paid back tens of thousands of dollars in student loans should be reimbursed. Maybe in the form of tax credits.

I think folks like my daughter and son-in-law who have already paid back tens of thousands of dollars in student loans should be reimbursed. Maybe in the form of tax credits.

Sorry cant do that. If you work and pay your bills you must be punished. It is the Government way.

Sorry cant do that. If you work and pay your bills you must be punished. It is the Government way.
1708617247877.png

Much of what you say I cannot argue with.
But if you believe the inflation rate numbers used by this administration than you are willfully ignorant, and don’t observe the prices you are paying.

As for unemployment #s being better, you still would have to go back to trump numbers to compare.
Admittedly the numbers rose under trump, but were intentionally inflated by, long past any reasoning, restrictions, and payments to stay home, again continuing well past and real reasoning.

The continued and ridiculous response to COVID is the primary driver for inflation, much higher than the administration claims. Even MSMBC and other MSM outlets have called them out on their numbers repeatedly. And the employment numbers but not to the same extent.

Another thing to consider is how this Administration calculates unemployment. They look at the number of jobs available, and run that against the number of people looking for work. So when a ton of people give up and retire early, or leave the job market entirely, they skew the numbers to make them look better than they are.

Eg. if there are 1M people looking for jobs and only 900k available, then the unemployment rate is 10%. If 5 million of those people give up and leave the workforce, then the 900k jobs get divided into the remaining 950k workers looking. You effectively cut the unemployment rate in half despite not actually adding any new jobs... The situation isn't any better, but the numbers make it look like significant gains were made.

It's all an elaborate game of shells...

Another thing to consider is how this Administration calculates unemployment. They look at the number of jobs available, and run that against the number of people looking for work. So when a ton of people give up and retire early, or leave the job market entirely, they skew the numbers to make them look better than they are.

Eg. if there are 1M people looking for jobs and only 900k available, then the unemployment rate is 10%. If 5 million of those people give up and leave the workforce, then the 900k jobs get divided into the remaining 950k workers looking. You effectively cut the unemployment rate in half despite not actually adding any new jobs... The situation isn't any better, but the numbers make it look like significant gains were made.

It's all an elaborate game of shells...
Perzactly.

Back
Top Bottom