• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impulsively going down the AR9 rabbit hole

Summore parts

7449C251-844A-46BF-ABF6-CF0D93F72F5C.jpeg

Ahhh, the rabbit hole. I can not resist a rabbit hole either. Guns, accessories, ammo and on and on. It’s either a sickness, addiction or both. But its great fun and entertainment too.

Why and how much does it weigh?

https://faxonfirearms.com/faxon-gen-2-9mm-pcc-blowback-full-mass-bolt-carrier-group/

Use any trigger, adjustable, breaks down similar to a regular bcg,

From their website:
"Carrier & Integrated Key:
  • Compatibility: GLOCK & COLT - Style Lower Receivers
  • Carrier: MIL-SPEC 8620 Steel Material
  • Fully Heat Treated
  • External M-16 Style Extractor
  • M16 (FULL-AUTO) Compatible
  • Salt Bath Nitrided
  • Dust Cover Compatible
  • Weight: 14.9 Ounces
  • Removable Carrier Weight - Compatible with JP Enterprises and similar buffer systems.
  • Compatible with MP5 magazine lower receivers"
With that being said I have a far less expensive one in another one and it works as it should but missing the kool name..lol.

https://faxonfirearms.com/faxon-gen-2-9mm-pcc-blowback-full-mass-bolt-carrier-group/

Use any trigger, adjustable, breaks down similar to a regular bcg,

From their website:
"Carrier & Integrated Key:
  • Compatibility: GLOCK & COLT - Style Lower Receivers
  • Carrier: MIL-SPEC 8620 Steel Material
  • Fully Heat Treated
  • External M-16 Style Extractor
  • M16 (FULL-AUTO) Compatible
  • Salt Bath Nitrided
  • Dust Cover Compatible
  • Weight: 14.9 Ounces
  • Removable Carrier Weight - Compatible with JP Enterprises and similar buffer systems.
  • Compatible with MP5 magazine lower receivers"
With that being said I have a far less expensive one in another one and it works as it should but missing the kool name..lol.
“Use any trigger”

uh that’s a thing? Crap! I hope my spikes bcg can do that. I bought that rise trigger for this project.

Only comment so far..

The ETS mag I got doesn’t drop free all the time. It’s just barely loose enough to slide out only if I’m holding the lower with the mag perpendicular to the ground. It does fit and it does engage the LRBHO.

This is my first ETS mag.

Got everything mostly together. I thought i had enough parts laying around but I actually don’t have a spare buffer retainer pin and spring. Got some coming this week.

Starting out I have the super heavy spikes 7.7oz 9mm buffer and I have an orange springco buffer spring. If that doesn’t work reliably then I also have a blue springco and a regular carbine spring.

7D59A638-D9D5-4DC5-AEB5-E20E3B088B55.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom