• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impulsively going down the AR9 rabbit hole

jeepnuts

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Rockcrawlin’ Toyota Dude
141   0
Reaction score
Welp, I went in to see my buddy at my local gun store and The shelves were bare. Handful of crappy pistols and a bunch of hunting rifles. Nothing cool.

Except... they had 1 spikes 9mm lower, glock mag, with LRBHO. I couldn’t leave it on the shelf, so I bought it.

I’ve heard and seen the rumors about the atf and braces so I decided to go ahead and get one of those on the way before they disappear.

And then.. before I made it to bed I had ordered everything I needed to have a complete build.

I think I’ve ordered everything I need to have a smooth-functioning setup. I’ll post up pics as parts roll in.

Where did you find the AR9 upper? PSA is out of stock.

Interested in your build.
I went with a spikes complete upper from Spikes website. 8.7” barrel.

Psa plays games with their stock levels. Whatever you want will probably be in stock and back out of stock and back in stock today. Their 4” was in stock last night but I wanted a longer (useable) rail and I shy away from PSA uppers lately

Upper is a Spikes 8.7” with fake can and 7” rail. Because I think it looks cool.

so it’s not really a “build” but an ar9 doesn’t take much to put together besides a barrel nut. So we will call this “putting together” an ar9

6C0042CE-6009-4FE8-80A7-45DBA58B0FA7.jpeg

This is me eating my words.

Where did you find the AR9 upper? PSA is out of stock.

Interested in your build.

I went with a spikes complete upper from Spikes website. 8.7” barrel.

Psa plays games with their stock levels. Whatever you want will probably be in stock and back out of stock and back in stock today. Their 4” was in stock last night but I wanted a longer (useable) rail and I shy away from PSA uppers lately

I'm the budget build guy around here. I got one pistol build on a TNArms Glock mag style lower. BCA 8" barrel with a free float tube and old style A frame front sight base.
Second is a 16" carbine built on a plain old ATI hybrid lower using a Pro Mag ( don't laugh) Maxwell adapter block for the Colt style mags. M lock style upper which I don't care much for but it was cheap in Gunbroker. Topped off with Magpul flip ups. The ATI Colt mag style was cheaper to build but it has last round hold open. Go figure...

Attachments

• 20200618_164751.jpg
    20200618_164751.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200518_203645.jpg
    20200518_203645.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom