• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impulsively going down the AR9 rabbit hole

This little guy started all this trouble. Just couldn’t leave him there. He looked all sad needing to be adopted.

5B81A3C8-DDCC-4F0E-90F0-FE42D446E5DC.jpeg
9C4F463A-A260-4520-8EB0-6FE786B9FFF5.jpeg

Not to mention LRB HO works perfectly with standard lower
If LRBHO is a make or break deal then check out the Pro Mag adapter for Colt style mags in a plain 5.56/Multi lower. Granted it IS a Pro Mag product and I haven't ran a single round through mine yet. But it went in quick and easy and locks the mag in tight. If it runs halfway decent I may keep it and sell/trade my Glock mag pistol build.

It was a tough call for me because I already run 9 mm glocks and have tons of mags, it came down to the looks , And the fact that I can run any upper that's 556223 or 300 on the same lower
Previously it came down to looks for me too. I grew up looking at AR9s with the straight down Uzi/Colt mags. Sure the Glock mag style was a brilliant idea but they just look wrong hanging down at that rearward angle. But you get used to it.

Previously it came down to looks for me too. I grew up looking at AR9s with the straight down Uzi/Colt mags. Sure the Glock mag style was a brilliant idea but they just look wrong hanging down at that rearward angle. But you get used to it.
I do wish the Glock mags stuck straight down. Visually more appealing for sure.

I do wish the Glock mags stuck straight down. Visually more appealing for sure.
It's funny how much that mattered to me for a long time. As I already admitted it's a genius idea even though I don't own any Glock pistols. Still a damn good invention. You just gotta get past the looks.
What I can't get past lately is building one with a 3.5" or 4" barrel. What's the point? Just buy a regular damn handgun.

It's funny how much that mattered to me for a long time. As I already admitted it's a genius idea even though I don't own any Glock pistols. Still a damn good invention. You just gotta get past the looks.
What I can't get past lately is building one with a 3.5" or 4" barrel. What's the point? Just buy a regular damn handgun.
I agree with that. G19 barrel is 4” without all the bulk.

I wanted an 8” mpx for a long time and they’re so hard to get ahold of. So, I knew I’d want to be around 8” barrel.

I agree with that. G19 barrel is 4” without all the bulk.

I wanted an 8” mpx for a long time and they’re so hard to get ahold of. So, I knew I’d want to be around 8” barrel.
Not to derail the thread but I really want some mainstream AR company like PSA to develop an upper for the badass 7.62 Tok round and a lower for the PPs mags that hold 35 rounds. It's been done more than once before by places like Macon Armory but still very pricey. Until then I'm gonna be content with this new build in 5.56 through a 7.5" upper. Should be really loud and obnoxious.

Attachments

• 1592953480948_20200622_154021.jpg
    1592953480948_20200622_154021.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 12
Not to derail the thread but I really want some mainstream AR company like PSA to develop an upper for the badass 7.62 Tok round and a lower for the PPs mags that hold 35 rounds. It's been done more than once before by places like Macon Armory but still very pricey. Until then I'm gonna be content with this new build in 5.56 through a 7.5" upper. Should be really loud and obnoxious.
That would be cool. 9x39 is also cool.

I’m pretty lame, I only mess with a few different calibers

That would be cool. 9x39 is also cool.

I’m pretty lame, I only mess with a few different calibers
I've seen the uppers in that 9x39 and whatever that other **** is...12.7x42 or some ****. I don't do those custom loaded fad calibers. Hell, I'm just now warming up to the idea of MAYBE building a 300BO. But I can't afford a can and don't have the patience for NFA wait times so...
Anyway I have always tried to stick with the military common use calibers. I didn't even own a 40 until earlier this year. I told everyone way back when that 40S&W was a fad. Well I think I was halfway right. It has dropped out of popularity but it did take about 20 years longer than I thought it would. But I just like to stick to the calibers that you can easily find in bulk price deals.

Back
Top Bottom