• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impulsively going down the AR9 rabbit hole

It's funny how much that mattered to me for a long time. As I already admitted it's a genius idea even though I don't own any Glock pistols. Still a damn good invention. You just gotta get past the looks.
What I can't get past lately is building one with a 3.5" or 4" barrel. What's the point? Just buy a regular damn handgun.

Because it’s way more fun suppressed than a handgun, NFA has a lot of options just wish I had of went with a side charging upper due to how compact it all is, this is a 5in barrel with sico hybrid, if you don’t like the look of the Glock mags they make a mp5 ar9 lower as well but mags are $

789BC2E0-C853-4B6F-A44F-5DDEF22FBC91.jpeg

Because it’s way more fun suppressed than a handgun, NFA has a lot of options just wish I had of went with a side charging upper due to how compact it all is, this is a 5in barrel with sico hybrid, if you don’t like the look of the Glock mags they make a mp5 ar9 lower as well but mags are $

View attachment 2686124

I have a NFA side charger and the thing works like dog **** so far. Won’t feed a hollow or 147g, occasionally will feed a 115 ball ammo.

I’ll take my mp5 over my ar9 any day. it runs right out of the box. I’ll get my ar9 to work too, after a lot of tinkering and modifying but just expect it to not work with all ammo or reliably. I’ve learned it’s more common for them to be unreliable than reliable

Mp5 mags are also not all that expensive compare to factory glock mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my AKV, heavy as hell, but a blast to shoot suppressed, had 5 different 9mm PCC. Just couldn’t get into them till I got me an AK9......

now I’m into 9x39,

I also made an impulse buy a few weeks ago at Dahlonega gold and pawn, $142 for a Spikes lower with most of the internal parts and LRBHO with Glock mags. I was lucky enough to find a spikes upper, bolt and that bolt spacer thing and a heavy 9mm buffer. I just need to put in a MBT trigger, spring and charging handle. I read that it takes a 7.62 rifle length spring. I also need to get a FFT for it. I really like KMRs but do not want to sink another 200 in it. I know now why the 9mm carbines went for 700-800 when ARs were $350. I think those days are gone for a while.
The only part I feel I got ripped on so far was the bolt. It was $200. I would have thought a 9mm bolt would be cheaper than an AR to make. At least it will be all spikes on the upper, lower and bolt. I normally shoot 8” MPX’s. If I hate this one I can always plink with it, if it is reliable.

I also made an impulse buy a few weeks ago at Dahlonega gold and pawn, $142 for a Spikes lower with most of the internal parts and LRBHO with Glock mags. I was lucky enough to find a spikes upper, bolt and that bolt spacer thing and a heavy 9mm buffer. I just need to put in a MBT trigger, spring and charging handle. I read that it takes a 7.62 rifle length spring. I also need to get a FFT for it. I really like KMRs but do not want to sink another 200 in it. I know now why the 9mm carbines went for 700-800 when ARs were $350. I think those days are gone for a while.
The only part I feel I got ripped on so far was the bolt. It was $200. I would have thought a 9mm bolt would be cheaper than an AR to make. At least it will be all spikes on the upper, lower and bolt. I normally shoot 8” MPX’s. If I hate this one I can always plink with it, if it is reliable.
Interested to hear how it runs. I got the 7.7 oz spikes extended length 9mm buffer and a spikes bcg comes with the upper I purchased. I was going to try a carbine spring and be ready to try a springco extra power or rob a super 42 from another rifle.

My last 9mm pcc and my 9x39.
I’m done for awhile

Attachments

• 574FAF30-DFC6-4D67-8ECA-95D58E600813.jpeg
    574FAF30-DFC6-4D67-8ECA-95D58E600813.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 869AF22A-0D4E-4211-BB66-CEC8C4E6C031.jpeg
    869AF22A-0D4E-4211-BB66-CEC8C4E6C031.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 41
  • FE009127-BC74-4567-975A-0EEED5CC77D3.jpeg
    FE009127-BC74-4567-975A-0EEED5CC77D3.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 38