• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you need a job, or are unhappy in your current job....

Have you changed jobs in the last 6 months?

• Yes

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • No, but I'm about to.

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
Yeah all these F….s are hiring with requirements like this:

PHD
MS
BS
Must have PE in 10 states
Must have 15 years work experience in 5 different engineering disciplines
Must have lead teams larger than 10,000 people for 10 years
Travel 50%
Must work weekends
Comfortable with shift work
Salary: $50k a year with $5k deductible insurance

Literally had 10 job interviews and following offers with **** pay. My company played 3D chess and trapped me with my salary. I just did a 6 hour in person interview at a manufacturing company last Friday and at the end of the interview they asked my salary range. I am so tired of these companies that I bluntly said anything less than 6 figures you’re wasting my time.

Sorry rant, off, but all these f….s play games. They want the world from you, but piss and moan when you want to make more than the hourly guys you’re stuck managing.

If I were a single man, with my assets and no debt that I already have. I could live off of like 1000-1500 a month

I dream about buying an old air stream, renovating it, solar panels, small kitchen, wood stove, completely self sustaining. I could probably live off $500 a month like that and be happy. But no got married and have 3 kids.

PHD
MS
BS
Travel 50%
Must work weekends

Literally had 10 job interviews and following offers with **** pay. My company played 3D chess and trapped me with my salary. I just did a 6 hour in person interview at a manufacturing company last Friday and at the end of the interview they asked my salary range. I am so tired of these companies that I bluntly said anything less than 6 figures you’re wasting my time.

Sorry rant, off, but all these f….s play games. They want the world from you, but piss and moan when you want to make more than the hourly guys you’re stuck managing.

You know, I understand what you're saying but a lot of folks have gotten wise to that. I can and have done my immediate supervisor and his manager's jobs but screw being salaried and you having the finger pointed at you as a middle/low manager. Now, I sit back making what they make within a couple thousand with the option to work OT at my option, and yet incur no headaches and don't have to deal with endless ridiculous meetings rehashing someone's stupid ideas or bent over a computer firing off emails all day long. It is what it is I guess, all dependent on the industry.

Folks have realized the pay just isn't worth it for many of those managerial positions, and you realize the value of your time that they aren't worth paying for...and I'm stuck dealing with a moron who honestly probably couldn't manage his/her way out of a paper bag. It sucks nowadays.

You know, I understand what you're saying but a lot of folks have gotten wise to that. I can and have done my immediate supervisor and his manager's jobs but screw being salaried and you having the finger pointed at you as a middle/low manager. Now, I sit back making what they make within a couple thousand with the option to work OT at my option, and yet incur no headaches and don't have to deal with endless ridiculous meetings rehashing someone's stupid ideas or bent over a computer firing off emails all day long. It is what it is I guess, all dependent on the industry.

Folks have realized the pay just isn't worth it for many of those managerial positions, and you realize the value of your time that they aren't worth paying for...and I'm stuck dealing with a moron who honestly probably couldn't manage his/her way out of a paper bag. It sucks nowadays.

This is spot on ^

I would like to add that the invention of the cell phone and vpn has ruined any benefit to being a manager. If you don’t pick up when they call or check your computer when you get home you’re going to be on the chopping block. You’re literally stuck to the company bc of the cell phone.

I miss working, but I don't miss working for someone else. I've been working a long time. I'm a self starter, very dependable and learn to do whatever I'm given to do well. I always streamline for efficiency in cost and labor.

PHD
MS
BS
Travel 50%
Must work weekends

Before I decided to be self employed a few years ago, I got sick and tired of wasting so much time interviewing and then getting an offer of 1/2 of what I was making.

So at the beginning of the convo, I would bluntly ask what the salary range was......if they couldn't tell me, I'd tell them my current salary (6 figures) and will not accept less. That would usually end the conversation very quickly and save us all a lot of time.

It has always been "taboo" to talk salary until the end of the interview process. I say, screw that........my time is valuable and i'm tired of wasting it. Might be an idea for some of y'all just to ask what they are paying BEFORE the interview process. Saves a lot of time.

Unbelievable that employers want you to run a large division of a company and pay peanuts. This was during the recession, but still. IDIOTS.

Well now I feel like an idiot. I just got that job offer today from Friday’s interview. They took my salary requirements and it’s not in operations. Statistical Analysis. Maybe things are looking up like what GeauxLSU said.

EDIT: I confused ken ford and GeauxLSU. Sorry…lol. I talk to you guys a lot on the forum and you have similar writing styles.

Back
Top Bottom