• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you need a job, or are unhappy in your current job....

Have you changed jobs in the last 6 months?

• Yes

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • No, but I'm about to.

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
A local HVAC company took out a 1 minute ad on the TV and that shyt ain't cheap looking for people to work as technicians.
Yep
They need a new bus load of techs to pay $13/hr while they charge the customer $99/hr

think I will pass on that .
the only way to work and make any money in hvac is if you have your own ticket and run a solo operation with your van as your only overhead .

I've toyed with getting another job while the market is great and have ran into the same My company is current looking for skilled CNC operators, night shift supervisor, installation manager, MRP Manager and skilled cabinet or display builders. The market is also very dependent on where you are, we are in Dallas Ga and it's slim pickens.

I've toyed with getting another job while the market is great and have ran into these same issues. I was thinking that I could make a little more, find something more interesting to me and better perks. Just like mentioned before, salary requirements are the first thing and then usually the last thing talked about. My company is current looking for skilled CNC operators, night shift supervisor, installation manager, MRP Manager and skilled cabinet or display builders. We are in Dallas Ga and it's slim pickens. It seems like a total disconnect of people hiring and people looking.
If you throw enough money at them you can find them.

what’s the salary range for skilled CNC operators ?

And I really wish people did a better job on these boards posting open positions at their companies.
I don't know a single company that isn't trying to hire someone right now.

Ive applied at some. They advertise good pay but at the end want to pay peanuts,or have you doing an engineering job for grease monkey pay and title

If you throw enough money at them you can find them.

what’s the salary range for skilled CNC operators ?
Throwing money isn't a sustainable model. For instance , If our labor cost doubles, our sale price will need to go up 25% which will price us out of the market and then we wouldn't need employees. 14 to 25hr, these are cnc point to point router tables, edge banders and beam saw. Commercial casework stuff.The skill level is much lower than someone able to set up 3 or 5 axis mill. On the higher range we would expect someone to do more than just push a button.

If you’re not working right now, it’s because you don’t want to work. It drives me nuts when I see a guy holding up a sign begging for money at an intersection and there is literally a Help Wanted sign not 100 yards behind him.

Back
Top Bottom