• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you need a job, or are unhappy in your current job....

Have you changed jobs in the last 6 months?

• Yes

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • No, but I'm about to.

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Apply to something else NOW! The market is absurd. I realize this shouldn't be a news flash but if you are one of these people who tolerate the known devil and use it as an excuse to not better your situation you may miss a literal once in a lifetime opportunity.
I've had to post several jobs for my company recently and the 'quality' of the applicants and the salary expectations are nothing short of bizarre. :dizzy:
It is a job seekers market right now. Don't miss this chance!
On a personal note, after being in the search for months, I had several things simultaneously come up. Accepted a great role with a great company and had been there a few months and then my dream company I had previously been pursuing for three years called. I gave notice and start new gig Monday. (I am not a job hopper and told employer that would be the only reason I'd leave. I honestly didn't expect it to happen.) Today someone else called I had spoken to just to network when I was in the search. He called me about a position and he was hoping I was still in the market. (I sent him some candidates). The job market has done a complete 180.

If you need a job or need to change jobs, good luck! But you'll need a lot less of it right now!
Go make it happen. :yo:

Apply to something else NOW! The market is absurd. I realize this shouldn't be a news flash but if you are one of these people who tolerate the known devil and use it as an excuse to not better your situation you may miss a literal once in a lifetime opportunity.
I've had to post several jobs recently and the 'quality' of the applicants and the salary expectations are nothing short of bizarre. :dizzy:
After being in the search for months, I had several things simultaneously come up. Accepted a great role with a great company and had been there a few months and then my dream company I had previously been pursuing for three years called. I gave notice and start new gig Monday. (I am not a job hopper and told employer that would be the only reason I'd leave. I honestly didn't expect it to happen.) Today someone else called I had spoken to just to network when I was in the search. He called me about a position and he was hoping I was still in the market. (I sent him some candidates). The job market has done a complete 180.

If you need a job or need to change jobs, good luck! But you'll need a lot less of it right now!
Congratulations! glad to see your perseverance pay off.

I predict that companies with 99 employees or less are going to be the place to work real soon.
Or just any company that stands up for the rights of their employees.
Congrats on your dream job!

Are you moving?
Yes, eventually. But that's not the reason for posting. Was just relaying that piece to show if even someone like me can have multiple things fall in his lap in a very short time frame, those of you that are likable with actual skills need to get after it! ;)

If recruiters weren't so cheesy, I'd almost think I missed my calling.

Now...., GO FIND YOUR NEXT BETTER situation! The clock is ticking....

I've had to post several jobs for my company recently and the 'quality' of the applicants and the salary expectations are nothing short of bizarre. :dizzy:
On a personal note, after being in the search for months, I had several things simultaneously come up. Accepted a great role with a great company and had been there a few months and then my dream company I had previously been pursuing for three years called. I gave notice and start new gig Monday. (I am not a job hopper and told employer that would be the only reason I'd leave. I honestly didn't expect it to happen.) Today someone else called I had spoken to just to network when I was in the search. He called me about a position and he was hoping I was still in the market. (I sent him some candidates). The job market has done a complete 180.

A local HVAC company took out a 1 minute ad on the TV and that shyt ain't cheap looking for people to work as technicians.

I been talking about trying to find a great job because of availability. Alas, I am unemployable, as I have never had a "real" job before. I'm not qualified to work at McDonald's
The market is always clamoring for sexy men.
Seriously, I'm sure with your portfolio, you could go join the rat race somewhere if you wanted. But if you are still able to make a go of it on your own, don't give that up!

The market is always clamoring for sexy men.
Seriously, I'm sure with your portfolio, you could go join the rat race somewhere if you wanted. But if you are still able to make a go of it on your own, don't give that up!
I'm doing fine but working for myself means working until I'm dead. I'm 41 and retirement is making sure that there is enough meat on me for my family to feed off of when I die. I cannot possibly go to work for someone else that will pay my bills. Especially up here where we moved to.
My resume consists of, well I did alright for myself but I'm tired of the bull****, I'd like to make xxx,xxx.xx a year.

Back
Top Bottom