• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you need a job, or are unhappy in your current job....

Have you changed jobs in the last 6 months?

• Yes

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • No, but I'm about to.

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
The job market is crazy now. For the past 10+ years I usually get 3-4 job offers a year. I decided to see what else is out there and I started an incomplete LinkedIn profile, name and occupation only nothing else, and got bombarded with job offers to the point I deleted my profile. I'm close enough to retirement I don't feel the need to change jobs unless the offer is beyond tempting.

I don't spend ****. Its the rest of my roommates that spend. These 4 other people here are expensive
I hope the new driver haven’t crashed the car yet! :cool: :cool:
2C6B5C3E-6C4F-4E6E-B5E0-08DCAA532B4E.gif

I just left a company after getting head hunted by one of our competitors. Best choice I have made this year; 20% salary increase with a guaranteed 10% bonus for the first year and a good signing bonus. Now is the time to make a career move.

After being with the same company for 8 years I started a new job back in July. I now have better hours, better benefits, and (much) better pay. Not to mention way less stress and far better people to work with.

I know it was the right move, and my only regret is not making the move years ago.

I've been self employed for most of my working life, I have been tossing around the idea of getting a job lately, maybe I could be someones dream employee?
There are a lot of nice freedoms, and tons of bull**** as well being self employed,especially with all of the idiots running around loose these days, it's getting ridiculous. I aint wearing no ****ing mask to work either, so that was nice being able to make that decision for myself compared to seeing those that were and are forced to.
The snowflake generation is weak and wants to do as little as possible to get their workday over with. I have downsized my company considerably over the last year to avoid having to find work to keep useless employees busy and to get off job sites with builders that have no clue of what they are doing, no way in hell would I buy a house that was built in the last few years, quality has gone to hell.
There are way too many people trying to play home builder, so many job sites are poorly ran that its hard to make money these days due to the idiots that have their work to do before we start ours (irrigation).
The idea of a simple tax form to file every year sounds delish as well. Workers comp is a huge scam that they love to ream us on, they make it real hard sometimes for those who want to do for themselves.
Im in my mid 40's now, started irrigation when I was 18 working for as friend, its been long enough, time for me to do something that I can enjoy doing and have a passion for , but has to be idiot free as much as possible.
Congrats Geaux on your new job!

As Brandon's inedtitude continues to influence our economy, companies that have hired aggressively and in some cases at higher than market rates, will find themselves downsizing at warp speed when revenues shrink, margins are eroded and earnings turn negative.

The plates are shifting and there's an earthquake coming.

Sent from my BV4900Pro using Tapatalk

I've been self employed for most of my working life, I have been tossing around the idea of getting a job lately, maybe I could be someones dream employee?
There are a lot of nice freedoms, and tons of bull**** as well being self employed,especially with all of the idiots running around loose these days, it's getting ridiculous. I aint wearing no ****ing mask to work either, so that was nice being able to make that decision for myself compared to seeing those that were and are forced to.
The snowflake generation is weak and wants to do as little as possible to get their workday over with. I have downsized my company considerably over the last year to avoid having to find work to keep useless employees busy and to get off job sites with builders that have no clue of what they are doing, no way in hell would I buy a house that was built in the last few years, quality has gone to hell.
There are way too many people trying to play home builder, so many job sites are poorly ran that its hard to make money these days due to the idiots that have their work to do before we start ours (irrigation).
The idea of a simple tax form to file every year sounds delish as well. Workers comp is a huge scam that they love to ream us on, they make it real hard sometimes for those who want to do for themselves.
Im in my mid 40's now, started irrigation when I was 18 working for as friend, its been long enough, time for me to do something that I can enjoy doing and have a passion for , but has to be idiot free as much as possible.
Congrats Geaux on your new job!
I was self-employed from 1999 till 2012 - I gave up in all the BS of too many taxes to pay... The tons of money I made in a year, usually I would be as lost and disappointed by the end of the year not knowing where the heck the money did go. Employees are a really heavy load for small business!!!

Back
Top Bottom