• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If you chase someone down, it's hard to claim self defense...

What is pissing me off that people are trying to spin this into some kind of modern day Emmett Till murder.

Zimmerman didn't abduct Martin, beat him so bad his face was unrecognizable. He didn't shoot Martin in the head execution style and then tie the body by the neck to a 70 pound fan blade. He didn't throw the body in a river in Mississippi.

I fail to see the similarities.

I think the only thing we all know about the case is what has been presented by some type of media, unless someone has access to the police case file. I think we all know what a joke the media is. I think it tells me something when the police didn't charge and arrest Zimmerman in the first 24-48 hours. I doesn't matter what our or anyone's opinion is about whether Zimmerman should or should not have followed Martin. I believe the test is and should be;

Did Zimmerman have a right to be on the street or sidewalk?

Did Martin have the ABILITY (with either physical or mechanical means) at the time to injure or kill him?

Did Martin have the OPPORTUNITY (within range or proximity) to injure or kill Zimmerman?

Did Martin put Zimmerman in JEOPARDY (manifest intent) of being injured or killed?

If the answer to these are yes, Zimmerman is not guilty of homicide or murder as defined by law.

Well put.... I'm afraid that this has become such a high profile case that even if the evidence shows that he is innocent that he might get railroaded anyway.

There is no law against being retarded.

one could argue that by getting out of his vehicle in the first place and confronting mr. martin, he accosted him and therefor implied the use of force, which can be illegal

so ya, he can get arrested and charged actually

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault

very generalized definition but im sure it can be argued, our legal system has a penchant for making ludicrous charges stick. however given the scenario lets just use cause and effect

had mr. zimmerman not got out of his vehicle and let the LEO's handle the situation, would he have not been attacked? if he had not been attacked then mr. martin would have not been shot and subsequently killed by zimmerman. ergo, zimmerman is responsible for the engagement and initiated contest, resulting in the death of mr. martin

even if he is not legally charged, im pretty sure he could be found liable in civil courts. i mean dudes life is screwed one way or another because he acted like some macho cowboy douchebag

now quite frankly i could give a crap about zimmerman personally or martin. but i dont like people with guns (no matter what side of law you are on) acting like it gives them a right or some authority over others. i also dont like the media being so one sided. i also dont like that the race card was used and zomehow zimmerman should be thrown in jail ASAP, due process be damned.

theres alot i dont like about this case, but to say zimmerman was completly within his rights to do what he did is a little extreme. it is my belief that if you intend to carry a gun, you should also intend to avoid confrontation and be proactive in this endeavor.

one could argue that by getting out of his vehicle in the first place and confronting mr. martin, he accosted him and therefor implied the use of force, which can be illegal

so ya, he can get arrested and charged actually

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault

very generalized definition but im sure it can be argued, our legal system has a penchant for making ludicrous charges stick. however given the scenario lets just use cause and effect

had mr. zimmerman not got out of his vehicle and let the LEO's handle the situation, would he have not been attacked? if he had not been attacked then mr. martin would have not been shot and subsequently killed by zimmerman. ergo, zimmerman is responsible for the engagement and initiated contest, resulting in the death of mr. martin

even if he is not legally charged, im pretty sure he could be found liable in civil courts. i mean dudes life is screwed one way or another because he acted like some macho cowboy douchebag

now quite frankly i could give a crap about zimmerman personally or martin. but i dont like people with guns (no matter what side of law you are on) acting like it gives them a right or some authority over others. i also dont like the media being so one sided. i also dont like that the race card was used and zomehow zimmerman should be thrown in jail ASAP, due process be damned.

theres alot i dont like about this case, but to say zimmerman was completly within his rights to do what he did is a little extreme. it is my belief that if you intend to carry a gun, you should also intend to avoid confrontation and be proactive in this endeavor.

I can make the argument if the community never started a neighborhood watch, Zimmerman would have been at home and Trayvon could case houses until his heart was content.

We can extrapolate the situation to the point of absurdity, but if Trayvon had a right to walk down the street, so did Zimmerman. Trayvon did not, however, have the right to beat Zimmerman's ass for questioning a stranger's presence in a gated community in the middle of the night.

I can make the argument if the community never started a neighborhood watch, Zimmerman would have been at home and Trayvon could case houses until his heart was content.

We can extrapolate the situation to the point of absurdity, but if Trayvon had a right to walk down the street, so did Zimmerman. Trayvon did not, however, have the right to beat Zimmerman's ass for questioning a stranger's presence in a gated community in the middle of the night.
if you read the details of the story, zimmerman was a captain fo the neighborhood watch, he wasnt on patrol at the time. besides neighborhood watch or not, zimmerman did not handle this situation properly

and ya martin didnt have a right to attack zimmerman, but zimmerman should not have confronted martin.

if you read the details of the story, zimmerman was a captain fo the neighborhood watch, he wasnt on patrol at the time. besides neighborhood watch or not, zimmerman did not handle this situation properly

and ya martin didnt have a right to attack zimmerman, but zimmerman should not have confronted martin.

What is wrong or illegal with asking someone who you have never seen before if he is a resident or a guest in your gated community?

Back
Top Bottom