• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If you chase someone down, it's hard to claim self defense...

I agree. However it is a good reminder to know the law(s) in your state. I'll be the first to admit I don't know enough - the story has prompted me to go read up on it. I will say, however, if the SHTF at my house and I'm going to fire, I will hang up with 911 first!

I love the media. They always show a nice picture of them playing football or doing something good. Im sure there is a LOT more to this story then what we have seen.

Yea, no doubt there is more to the story. The scumbag probably deserved what he got BUT

NONE of that matters now...the second that you begin pursuit, self defense is out the window. How can you justify being scared for your life as you are chasing the guy that supposedly is threatening you?

That's a case that's difficult if not impossible to defend as "self defense"

Yea, no doubt there is more to the story. The scumbag probably deserved what he got BUT

NONE of that matters now...the second that you begin pursuit, self defense is out the window. How can you justify being scared for your life as you are chasing the guy that supposedly is threatening you?

That's a case that's difficult if not impossible to defend as "self defense"

yeah that was dumb. :lol: I aint running after anybody. You take off running then that was a smart move on their part.

Who cares if hes black and the dude was white why did they even put that? I doubt it was race related but everything always turns into a racist hate crime if a black person is victim... I dont get this world

Size and ability are articulable factors for self defense. Guy was part of the neighborhood watch and was watching the kid. Kid apparantly attacked him and probably was getting the better part on him. No one but him can decide if he was in fear for his life save any video or eyewitness testimony/affidavit. Police treated the situation as they should with what info I have read so far. Looks bad on the surface and may be bad or could be legit. Grand jury will have to review the information and decide if the prosecutor decides to seek charges. Its the way the system works. A child can kill someone just as easily as an adult.

Back
Top Bottom