• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If you chase someone down, it's hard to claim self defense...

"rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6".
I hate that phrase. While I agree that survival should be the top priority because if you don't nothing else matters.
I agree w/ Mas Ayoob that after you survive the fight, you then have to survive the aftermath.

I'd rather NOT be tried by 12 or carried by 6 myself.

John Madden style analysis of the situation hurts every gun owner. We should back this man until evidence is presented showing he was in the wrong.

This "he should be convicted of something" is bull**** and a result of liberal brainwashing.

Don't get me wrong... I feel Zimmerman was wrong to pursue or to "escalate" the situation but the media has already slanted this story & paint other guy a saint.
Did he deserve to be shot/killed?
I don't think so but I wasn't there.

I do believe that Zimmerman was a wanna who fantasies about being a cop & shooting bad guys....
As I said before, somehow I don't think the reality is quite like the fantasy.
White black mexican purple yellow green whatever this is how i feel too.

He won against an unarmed opponent with the upper hand, physical advantage and 10 years his junior during a hand to hand conflict.

I assure you if I had the same advantages this little angel had, Zimmerman would never have gotten a shot off.

I am tired of hearing what Zimmerman did wrong. The two most important things in a gunfight: always cheat and always win.

Don't forget two things. First, this wasn't a gunfight. Second, the whole thing could've been avoided. Madden out.

John Madden style analysis of the situation hurts every gun owner. We should back this man until evidence is presented showing he was in the wrong.

This "he should be convicted of something" is bull**** and a result of liberal brainwashing.

Friends that know me will tell you that I am as far from liberal as you can get.
What I am & what I do for a living professionally is teach people how to avoid a fight, or if that's not possible how to be very proficient using lethal force to defend themselves.... and how to survive the aftermath.

Z. is neither innocent or guilty yet but based on what the information available so far, it looks like it will be a pretty tough case for his att'y.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

"One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him - and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help."

If Zimmerman is charged with anything, no gun owner is safe.
he probably isnt going to get charged, because technically he broke no law

I think the only thing we all know about the case is what has been presented by some type of media, unless someone has access to the police case file. I think we all know what a joke the media is. I think it tells me something when the police didn't charge and arrest Zimmerman in the first 24-48 hours. I doesn't matter what our or anyone's opinion is about whether Zimmerman should or should not have followed Martin. I believe the test is and should be;

Did Zimmerman have a right to be on the street or sidewalk?

Did Martin have the ABILITY (with either physical or mechanical means) at the time to injure or kill him?

Did Martin have the OPPORTUNITY (within range or proximity) to injure or kill Zimmerman?

Did Martin put Zimmerman in JEOPARDY (manifest intent) of being injured or killed?

If the answer to these are yes, Zimmerman is not guilty of homicide or murder as defined by law.

Back
Top Bottom