• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If you chase someone down, it's hard to claim self defense...

you can't tell me this kid doesnt sound like hes reading a script

and seriously...."i'm afraid to go outside wearing a hoodie..".......what a bunch of BS

BET is running a show on this topic right now.

I can imagine how its going to be slanted.

Don't get me wrong... I feel Zimmerman was wrong to pursue or to "escalate" the situation but the media has already slanted this story & paint other guy a saint.
Did he deserve to be shot/killed?
I don't think so but I wasn't there.

I do believe that Zimmerman was a wanna who fantasies about being a cop & shooting bad guys....
As I said before, somehow I don't think the reality is quite like the fantasy.

Don't get me wrong... I feel Zimmerman was wrong to pursue or to "escalate" the situation but the media has already slanted this story & paint other guy a saint.
Did he deserve to be shot/killed?
I don't think so but I wasn't there.

I do believe that Zimmerman was a wanna who fantasies about being a cop & shooting bad guys....
As I said before, somehow I don't think the reality is quite like the fantasy.

One would think a person living his "cop fantasy" would have entered the confrontation with weapon drawn.

One would think a person living his "cop fantasy" would have entered the confrontation with weapon drawn.

Who knows for sure but many unskilled people have a false sense of confidence when they have a gun on, like its some magic amulet that the mere possession of will ward off evil.
Plus, since those same people usually have no training or proficiency with the gun, they are either a little scared off it or careless.
As in the scared, quivering voice that says,"I've got a gun...." or like the bail bondsmen who was showing me his P85 Ruger that swept half of the restaurant & was so surprised when I cleared the weapon & found that the bullets were TURNED AROUND BACKWARDS in his mag. because the spring had apparently lost compression or gotten in a bind.

My point is that w/o the confidence that comes from frequent & extensive training/practice many people know deep down that they aren't prepared to use it & falter under the stress of a lethal encounter.
In addition they don't know how they or their gear will perform under that stress because neither have been tested.

Who knows for sure but many unskilled people have a false sense of confidence when they have a gun on, like its some magic amulet that the mere possession of will ward off evil.
Plus, since those same people usually have no training or proficiency with the gun, they are either a little scared off it or careless.
As in the scared, quivering voice that says,"I've got a gun...." or like the bail bondsmen who was showing me his P85 Ruger that swept half of the restaurant & was so surprised when I cleared the weapon & found that the bullets were TURNED AROUND BACKWARDS in his mag. because the spring had apparently lost compression or gotten in a bind.

My point is that w/o the confidence that comes from frequent & extensive training/practice many people know deep down that they aren't prepared to use it & falter under the stress of a lethal encounter.
In addition they don't know how they or their gear will perform under that stress because neither have been tested.

It is my understanding FL is a training requirement state.

OK experts....What law did Zimmerman break? I don't give a **** about Monday morning quarterbacks, but I want to hear from the ****house lawyers. You are now the DA; what is the charge? What do you have? The only thing I can think is firing a gun within x-yards of an occupied building.

Last edited:
OK experts....What law did Zimmerman break? I don't give a **** about Monday morning quarterbacks, but I want to hear from the ****house layers. You are now the DA; what is the charge? What do you have? The only thing I can think is firing a gun within x-yards of an occupied building.

Possible manslaughter for provoking the situation that led to his death, and that's a stretch.

Back
Top Bottom